A “real” user proves Windows 8 fails on the desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
A “real” user proves Windows 8 fails on the desktop topic for all 8 fans ..;) - sorry ..

A “real” user proves Windows 8 fails on the desktop : http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/a-real-user-proves-windows-8-fails-on-the-desktop-20120312/

Play video, and look on this photo:

A “real” user:
K0w4p.jpg

Thank you!:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Screenshot applies to new users of Mac and Linux, as well as iOS and Android.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
But .. no, it's photo of his dad .. 'The person sitting at the computer is Chris Pirillo’s dad.'
So this screenshot applies to his dad.

His dad. And Windows 8.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
PUkik.png

Ah yes, more Windows 8 bashing posts from you, But this one I actually laughed at.

Reminds me of my parents and my grand parents. Being the most computer savvy person in the family I'm always the one to deal with anything computer related.

Took me 3 days to teach my grand mother how to check her emails and reply on her own.

But it would only take 30 seconds to explain how to bring up the Metro start screen in Windows 8.

I laughed hard at the ending, Poor delusional old man thinking Mac will be any better. Beach please.

Computers are now an essential part of life. We are in the future, Time of technology, The user should know the basics of using a computer.

Windows 8 is not that different from Windows 7. It wouldn't take long at all to learn just a couple more steps now that we have the Metro start screen, On the other side of that Start screen is still your traditional Windows. No excuses.

I know here in Australia, My government 'Centerlink' offers 2 week training course in Computing for free to all ages.

No doubt Microsoft will include a tutorial or some visual/video guide/steps/ on how to get started using Windows 8 if they keep it the way it is / don't bring back the start button or include an option to show it.

Thanks. :)

/HGTH

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Windows 8 it's a new OS so it's normal for someone ( especially at this age ) to need a few minutes to get adjusted with this platform. I'm sure Microsoft will add to Windows 8 Final a 'Product tour' as they have it on 7 or XP and then this guy can learn how to switch UI's.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Prorootect said:
.. and this fish?..

This fish is called "betta fish" and has also been used in the beta builds of Windows 7. I think they will change the boot screen and the wallpaper of Windows 8 in the final build, same as what was done to Windows 7. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well on the case of the video its only normal that everything is new and likely if the user expects know what to click even its a new OS however the confusion thus it made difficulty.

Most majority of the users were fast learners so it could familiarize in a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.