Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Marek from ESET has contacted MalwareTips, and has given this statement:

ESET Official Statement said:
“We have taken the report sent to us very seriously and have immediately started our own investigation. The mentioned vulnerability in the ESET activation system doesn’t exist. The vulnerability was found on a fake website that is not owned by ESET or by any ESET partner. That site cannot generate new licenses. The site is currently blocked by the ESET products as a phishing website because it is misleading users and misusing the ESET brand.

We don’t recommend accessing the mentioned website and ESET is currently working on shutting it down.”

Mohamed A. Baset

May 20, 2015
[**Update**]

ESET accused my report as an invalid report “after being accepted and rewarded #badass_logic” as this reported backend “eu-eset.com” is a phishing website.

The below screenshot reflects how confusion that ESET’s experts are suffering from during the report.

@SymbianSyMoh_2015.05.20_05h17m19s_001_.jpg

So if that’s really true and let’s argue on that this is true, Then:
1. Kudos to me that I have discovered a vulnerability in a website was built by a people was a good in “something” arguably “phishing” and still kick ESET’s ass by generating a valid Licenses.
2. More shame on ESET, they were being #####ed by this “phishing website” till the moment I reported them because that “phishing website” is generating “by my bypass” an actual paid valid license of their “award-winning product” for free, Here’s another proof on what I’m saying here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.