BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Does anyone knows why ESET is blocking uniblue's site???
It is really harmless and well known...
 

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
ESET identifies Uniblue as a potentially unwanted program due to issues they see with it,which is probably why it is blocking their website.If you feel it is safe you can add an exclusion:

1.Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

2.Click Advanced Setup to open the Advanced setup window.

3.In the Advanced setup tree to the left, click Web access protection HTTP, HTTPS Address management.

4.To block all websites except the ones you specify, select the Allow access only to HTTP addresses in the list of allowed addresses option.

5.To set the list of allowed addresses, select List of allowed addresses from the drop-down menu.

I personally am not a big fan of Uniblue.
 

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
White Nobster said:
ESET identifies Uniblue as a potentially unwanted program due to issues they see with it,which is probably why it is blocking their website.If you feel it is safe you can add an exclusion:

1.Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

2.Click Advanced Setup to open the Advanced setup window.

3.In the Advanced setup tree to the left, click Web access protection HTTP, HTTPS Address management.

4.To block all websites except the ones you specify, select the Allow access only to HTTP addresses in the list of allowed addresses option.

5.To set the list of allowed addresses, select List of allowed addresses from the drop-down menu.

I personally am not a big fan of Uniblue.
Thanx man ! ;)
 

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
BoraMurdar said:
Does anyone knows why ESET is blocking uniblue's site???
It is really harmless and well known...
Really Uniblue software destroyes my hard disk in my old i can't foget it i would suggest not to use it
 

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Unknown said:
BoraMurdar said:
Does anyone knows why ESET is blocking uniblue's site???
It is really harmless and well known...
Really Uniblue software destroyes my hard disk in my old i can't foget it i would suggest not to use it
I know but Uniblue is Microsoft Certificated Partner, I just cannot believe that they destroyed so many PC's :D
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
BoraMurdar said:
Unknown said:
BoraMurdar said:
Does anyone knows why ESET is blocking uniblue's site???
It is really harmless and well known...
Really Uniblue software destroyes my hard disk in my old i can't foget it i would suggest not to use it
I know but Uniblue is Microsoft Certificated Partner, I just cannot believe that they destroyed so many PC's :D
Uniblue products are dangerous and yes they are known to destroy Windows. Microsoft Certificated Partner just means that they completed the coarse required by Microsoft, it doesn't mean Microsoft endorses their products. They are a ton of websites with Microsoft Certificated Partner logos but many still offer rogue, adware, spyware and other malware within their products.

Many antivirus products will flag Uniblue products, it is best that you go with what your Antivirus recommends.

Read user commits at WOT- http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/uniblue.com

Thanks.:D
 

Malware1

New Member
I don't know why Uniblue is dangerous, I used their products and they really work and never destroyed my PC.
 

tipo

New Member
because was some time ago (probably now too) scareware. it warned the user (who trialed it) that there are incredibly many errors wit files/registry/HDD and the user must pay for the software to fix the errors.
"I know but Uniblue is Microsoft Certificated Partner" said someone earlier. not really! where`s the link that leads to M$ website?
my personnel opinion: it`s a crap doing more harm than good!that`s only my opinion! don`t take my word for granted! ;)
 
P

Plexx

Uniblue products are more of a hit and miss for users.

Many report issues and then a similar percentage of users report no issues whatsoever.

I have had issues with its System Tweaker on an XP machine and Windows 7, both low and mid end laptops and then none on the same machines 6 months later upon a format for other reasons.


As for WOT, I still take it with a pinch of salt. There are comments both good or bad that are not legit, meaning specific companies/sites register multiple accounts to either boost or bring down sites and its known for awhile.
 

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Littlebits said:
BoraMurdar said:
Unknown said:
BoraMurdar said:
Does anyone knows why ESET is blocking uniblue's site???
It is really harmless and well known...
Really Uniblue software destroyes my hard disk in my old i can't foget it i would suggest not to use it
I know but Uniblue is Microsoft Certificated Partner, I just cannot believe that they destroyed so many PC's :D
Uniblue products are dangerous and yes they are known to destroy Windows. Microsoft Certificated Partner just means that they completed the coarse required by Microsoft, it doesn't mean Microsoft endorses their products. They are a ton of websites with Microsoft Certificated Partner logos but many still offer rogue, adware, spyware and other malware within their products.

Many antivirus products will flag Uniblue products, it is best that you go with what your Antivirus recommends.

Read user commits at WOT- http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/uniblue.com

Thanks.:D
I never personally had problems with Uniblue, their DriverScanner actually resolved my problem finding the drivers that no other driver update software couldn't find, and I had a big problem with bluetooth driver :)
and Uniblue is I think Microsoft Gold Certified Partner ( Microsoft Gold Certified Partners are Microsoft's most highly accredited independent technical support providers and can offer a comprehensive range of support for Microsoft and multi-vendor products)
from wikipedia
 

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I think most of the problems with Uniblue is their registry Booster,aside from complaints of misleading customers offering free programs that actually do nothing if you purchase their registry Booster.Most of the problems I have seen are from this product.I am not familiar with any other products they offer since I choose to stay away from their software.This is interesting though,this is a pic of their Registry Booster results on a clean OS install



Reminds me of a certain product from an infamous TV commercial
 

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
White Nobster said:
I think most of the problems with Uniblue is their registry Booster,aside from complaints of misleading customers offering free programs that actually do nothing if you purchase their registry Booster.Most of the problems I have seen are from this product.I am not familiar with any other products they offer since I choose to stay away from their software.This is interesting though,this is a pic of their Registry Booster results on a clean OS install



Reminds me of a certain product from an infamous TV commercial
It happens the same with CCleaner, Auslogics Registry Cleaner and others that I have used... I do not know why
 

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I have never had problems with CCleaner.I have run CCleaner on a new OS installs,just to see what the results would be and it has always come back with 0 problems.I have never used Auslogics,so i cannot comment on that.Personally 124 registry errors on a new OS install is just unacceptable which is why I prefer to avoid their programs.I have used CCleaner for many,many years and have never once have I had to go to a backup.Uniblue charges something like $30-$40{Cannot remember exactly}and I believe if you download it free you have to purchase to fix errors but I am not 100% sure about that.
 

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I have only used their DriverScanner so, never a Registry Cleaner or Booster or whatever
 

Payback

New Member
exterminator20 said:
ESET identifies Uniblue as a potentially unwanted program due to issues they see with it,which is probably why it is blocking their website.If you feel it is safe you can add an exclusion:

1.Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

2.Click Advanced Setup to open the Advanced setup window.

3.In the Advanced setup tree to the left, click Web access protection HTTP, HTTPS Address management.

4.To block all websites except the ones you specify, select the Allow access only to HTTP addresses in the list of allowed addresses option.

5.To set the list of allowed addresses, select List of allowed addresses from the drop-down menu.

I personally am not a big fan of Uniblue.
Also,you can disable 'Enable detection of potentially unwanted software (uncheck it)
They're harmless anyway. And can be easily removed even with a inexperienced user.