App Review A Quickie with Tencent PC Manager

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
My ex, who was Chinese used to install a lot of Tencent and Chinese software, and nearly all of them were riddled with malware, and I spent ages cleaning up her machine. I tend to avoid Chinese software. PCs its a different matter - Ive found Lenovo machines are good (though lacking in style) and our company use them too, but software avoid (I'd avoid Chinese banks too - most are still using Windows XP!).

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I presented this as one of the alternatives to be used in conjunction with CF. Although I prefer Qihoo, that adware thingy that they will soon implement is disturbing. And having virtualization on board will take care of anything trying to run by wscript, Powershell, etc,. so with this combo disabling anything like that is not needed.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Bora- I totally suck at producing these videos, and I truly apologize. One would think that a woman would be a bit more artsy-craftsy, but I sadly lack in this (I also can't cook). My video season will end with one this weekend, but when it resumes sometime next year I will try to resolve the issue.

And thank you for the comment (my initial video were not in HD until someone pointed this out, so I can change!!!).

M

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I'm not at home and I totally forget the name of the software, but I do know that it has a 4:3 setting. I'll convert the one this weekends video to that setting and would appreciate any comments.

About the former blurriness- I was aware of it, but always attributed it to the wine and not the aspect ratio. I guess I should be relieved...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.