A re-design for the MalwareTips Logo

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hmmm, i'm not sure :unsure: the colours look washed out/faded, too pale, peelly wally (as we say here) if they were much deeper then yes.

P.S. - on a similar but different note, the changing colours of text options on site are also a bit peelly wally IMO :)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

The blue T looks better. this gray one does not show up very well in the browser tab. Edge. You can see it but it is faint.

ScreenHunter_104 May. 19 16.03.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yes, please give it some more color.

View attachment 188823
Hey guys,
Yes, the favicon will get a dark background and be visible in the browser tabs. I've spent so much time focusing on the logo in the header that I've forgot that it's in other parts also.

As you may haven noticed we're trying two new colors:

1. The M in a darker shade of orange:
2.jpg

2. And the "M" in a red/burgundy color.

1.jpg

The "T" can be any color that looks good with the "M", however since we don't want the logo to get all the attention we're trying to decide between grey (currently in site header) or the above blue.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys,
Yes, the favicon will get a dark background and be visible in the browser tabs. I've spent so much time focusing on the logo in the header that I've forgot that it's in other parts also.

As you may haven noticed we're trying two new colors:

1. The M in a darker shade of orange:
View attachment 188834

2. And the "M" in a red/burgundy color.

View attachment 188833

The "T" can be any color that looks good with the "M", however since we don't want the logo to get all the attention we're trying to decide between grey (currently in site header) or the above blue.
For me option 2 a red/burgundy M and a blue T looks the best.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Not logo related, but this has been like this for days without being fixed. Not affecting by zooming in/out.
View attachment 188883
Should be fine now.
Are you guys ready for a little experiment on the Midnight theme, basically move the user info on top like it's currently on the BETA X? This should make posts more easy to read with the sidebar enabled.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I guess it's just temporally ;)
I like the Decepticon logo :D
No logo anymore? Takes time to get used to.
I haven't decided on the colors yet. I like all the combinations but I also like how clean the header looks without the logo image. On the other hand we always had a blue logo so moving to orange or red is a big step.

It's like loosing your hair.
:LOL:

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Should be fine now.
Are you guys ready for a little experiment on the Midnight theme, basically move the user info on top like it's currently on the BETA X? This should make posts more easy to read with the sidebar enabled.
Actually I've moved to BETAX after my last post just to see how will it look after I apply dark colors on it, it looks amazing.
I personally, also like the minimal member info on posts, would like to see it on my the midnight theme! (y)
I also agree with your opinion regarding the logo, I think it looks more cleaner and generally better just with the text... or maybe because I always lean towards simpler things..:rolleyes:

Attachments

• betaxdark.JPG
    betaxdark.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 309

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.