AI Assist A/V software on a Mac

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Using your question “is it worth having antivirus software on MacOS Ventura with M2 ARM processor?” as a Prompt, here’s what Google Bard mentions:

Whether or not it is worth having antivirus software on MacOS Ventura with M2 ARM processor depends on your individual needs and risk tolerance. Macs are generally considered to be less susceptible to malware attacks than Windows PCs, but they are not immune. If you are concerned about your security, then using an antivirus program can be a good way to protect your Mac.
Here are some of the benefits of using antivirus software on MacOS Ventura:
  • Protection against malware. Antivirus software can help to protect your Mac from malware attacks. Malware can damage your files, steal your personal information, or even take control of your computer.
  • Real-time protection. Some antivirus programs offer real-time protection, which means that they scan your files for malware as you open them. This can help to prevent malware from infecting your Mac before it has a chance to do any damage.
  • Scheduled scans. You can also schedule antivirus scans to run at regular intervals. This can help to ensure that your Mac is always protected from malware.
However, there are also some drawbacks to using antivirus software on MacOS Ventura:
  • Performance impact. Antivirus software can have a performance impact on your Mac. This is because the antivirus program is constantly scanning your files for malware.
  • False positives. Antivirus programs can sometimes generate false positives. This means that the program will incorrectly identify a file as being malware. This can be frustrating and time-consuming to deal with.
  • Cost. Some antivirus programs are not free. If you are on a tight budget, then you may not want to spend money on antivirus software.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to use antivirus software on MacOS Ventura is up to you. If you are concerned about your security, then using an antivirus program can be a good way to protect your Mac. However, if you are on a tight budget or you are not concerned about your security, then you may not need to use an antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Bard may display inaccurate or offensive information that doesn't represent Google's views.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Thanks Ink,

I've had an Intego A/V subscription since day 1 with this laptop and its due for renewal so I was just doing the usual 'will I or won't I' thing.

Hang it, for $43.00 US/12 mths, I might as well keep going. I get quite regular updates and haven't had any false positives or anything yet, so why not.

Cheers.

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.