a VERY useful page by McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Especially the "publications" section on one of the drop down menus. I don't know if these pages had been seen here before or not, just having joined up myself BUT even if so, its worth repeating now and again. Wonderful news and lots of useful "white papers".

http://www.mcafee.com/ca/threat-center.aspx

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I took a hard look into what you are saying. I envy your enthusiasm. I want what you want, but for every felonious cyber con exposed and detained (including their creations), there are two more lurking in the shadows. Besides that, governments take some of these guys and turn them into cyber informants/cops. That is the most disturbing aspect.

As reckless as mankind can be, this is the most dangerous era of all time. Cyber warfare is going to bring about world chaos, and the false deity that claims to rescue us out of it will have a team of malicious hackers of his/her own.

Respectfully, I do appreciate your post, and don't think I am trying to throw it back in your face. I simply cannot help being a realist, no matter how pessimistic I might appear as a result.

I could have cracked on McAfee a bit, I suppose, but even if it was F-Secure, Emsisoft, Comodo, or ESET, they cannot save us either. They can only save our PC's if we combine our own personal discipline with their marvelous tech, but no matter how careful we are, and what marvelous security we utilize, there will always be a crack or hole in any given software. At some point said crack/hole will be the roots of an epic disaster on a scale that could dwarf anything that happened in WWII.

Reactions: Cain

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Oh well, it is a wicked world after all! My last post is the most correct, me thinks. Surf incognito and download only from creator/vendor sites. And of course, don't open links you get in odd emails.

There are days I think I shouldn't even trust my grandmother! Well, my mother then, granny is in the great beyond.

Still the McAfee white pages are interesting and gives some idea how very fast the crap is evolving. I stated on the 2c before the internet got going. I never dreamed it would get so dangerous out here. A dang shame it is, too!
The real potential seems to be getting sabotaged.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Still the McAfee white pages are interesting and gives some idea how very fast the crap is evolving

Absolutely.

I never dreamed it would get so dangerous out here. A dang shame it is, too!
The ral potential seems to be getting sabotaged.

No doubt.
I always imagine weapons systems, sewer, water, and utilities being sabotaged, even by tyrants that don't care for certain groups of citizens.

I have a great imagination and a creative mind. I could be great criminal, but I always put myself in the other person's shoes. I am thoughtful like that, and it keeps me straight, and I am thankful for that.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
The governments are spying on their own citizens!

Things are truly getting out of control. Rulers of darkness in high places are having a hay day.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
One last thought on white papers: They do very clearly define the nature of the nasties and what the purpose is. It was from the McAfee white papers I first clearly understood what pups are and do. I thank them for that because it allowed me to delete all items in quarantine with out a second thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.