Troubleshoot About AMD 360 RX and Drivers?

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Driver update
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Cant see any advantage if update
Ok the question maybe can look simple but im a bit confused.
I got atm a amd 360 rx graphic card, long time ago i don´t update drivers bcs when i see notes on new updates or mayor releases only see they tweak/add for determinate games. Question is should i keep don´t updating bcs io dont use any of these games or it really give a better perfomance etc etc ( whatever i never see any point on update from what i check on notes ). Ty advanced.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ok the question maybe can look simple but im a bit confused.
I got atm a amd 360 rx graphic card, long time ago i don´t update drivers bcs when i see notes on new updates or mayor releases only see they tweak/add for determinate games. Question is should i keep don´t updating bcs io dont use any of these games or it really give a better perfomance etc etc ( whatever i never see any point on update from what i check on notes ). Ty advanced.

No games > AMD > driver update > no difference

Reactions: dJim
Upvote 0

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
im olny play 1 game ( warframe ) wich is not in the list on any update so should i keep as stay no need update dam

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The older GPU you have the less reason you have to update, an update can actually break textures, etc.
The new driver can increase performance up to 100%, but that usually applies to the latest generations.
Aside from the performance, an update can fix bugs, texture problems, but if you have none, no need to.
  • Earthfall™
    • Up to 28% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p).1
    • Up to 22% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p).2
    • Up to 27% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 on the Radeon™ RX 560 (4GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).3
Fixed Issues
  • Fortnite™ Season 5 may experience an application hang on some Radeon graphics products when throwing stars are visible on screen.
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice™ may experience flickering or corruption on some Radeon graphics products.
  • Display modes may sometimes appear as not available when setting resolution or refresh rates of a display.
  • CorelDraw™ may experience slower than expected performance.
  • Memory clocks may remain at higher than expected values on some displays after changing resolution or refresh rates.
  • Some displays may exhibit black screen flickering when booting to desktop when using DisplayPort.

Upvote 0

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
If you don't install and run latest games and you don't face any issues with current driver then upgrading driver is not a necessity. But even then upgrading GPU driver every couple of months is recommended preferably WHQL one. Those hardcore gamers wanting to run new games just when they are released then regular diver update is recommended for maximum performance and compatibility on new games.

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

You should always install the latest WHQL Drivers, they tend to come with new features, bug fixes and optimization all around.
Since we talking RX 360 you missing a lot if you don't update.

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Otherwise, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Tell me about it, I always prefer to have the latest ... everything and I try to apply that everywhere. My mom's laptop has APU with a separate GPU, so they both have to be the same version, othersiwe problems follow. I wanted to update laptop's driver, just because and I got the black screen, I could not rollback the driver, use the safe mode, nor repair, so I had to reinstall. I spent like 5 hours just to fix something, that was not broken in the first place.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.