About Fort Knox security

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
Has anyone here in the forum, taking Fort Knox Firewall and Spy Emergency for a test drive? I am doing so right now, windows refuses to recognize these products are installed. In the system tray, is the flag displaying that i need to install a firewall and anti virus. Is this common?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably Fort Knox Firewall and Spy Emergency were really not registered for Action Center even you install them both but the action center still not detected.

I

illumination

Thread author
jamescv7 said:
Probably Fort Knox Firewall and Spy Emergency were really not registered for Action Center even you install them both but the action center still not detected.

Seems to be the only logical explanation! ;) I have gone through the system, restarted several times, and it is not detecting it.
So far, i am not all that impressed with this software..

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Have the same problem here ( Windows 7 x64).To fix this, just go to : Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Change Action Center settings and uncheck 'Network Firewall'
Fort Knox Firewall is an old school firewall,it has only the basic functions which is protecting a system from inbound and outbound attacks. In my opinion this old school firewalls are done, and a modern firewall should have a HIPS Integrated into it.
If I had to use a simple firewall I would go with Zone Alarm Free or Look'N'Stop.
Good luck with your testing , waiting to hear your thoughts. :)

I

illumination

Thread author
Jack said:
Have the same problem here ( Windows 7 x64).To fix this, just go to : Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Change Action Center settings and uncheck 'Network Firewall'
Fort Knox Firewall is an old school firewall,it has only the basic functions which is protecting a system from inbound and outbound attacks. In my opinion this old school firewalls are done, and a modern firewall should have a HIPS Integrated into it.
If I had to use a simple firewall I would go with Zone Alarm Free or Look'N'Stop.
Good luck with your testing , waiting to hear your thoughts. :)

My thoughts are exactly in line with yours on this one.. It is an old school firewall, not many options,seems too basic. The only feature i do like about it, is the ability to do "whois" lookups, and "trace" route. Which can be done online via websites, so not really much of a bonus. I agree with you, on if i had to use a simple firewall, zone alarm is probably best bet, have used it in the past. although, i do prefer to use a firewall with hips, Comodo firewall is pretty much my favorite..

Thank you for the tip on how to get windows to recognize this, as it is the first time i have come across this type of problem.
It is also not detecting the Spyware Emergency..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.