About Twister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

I knew this AV. This is like Webroot, it has roll-back feature. I never used this software, I cannot tell you more.
It isn't well known in Europa ımho.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Why i don't use Twister in a nut shell
Very poor detection
User interface looks ugly
High false positives,
VB100 Results August 2012 114 False Positives

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Twister AV from Filesclab, seems as I watched those reviews long time before; mostly results verdict are good against grain of salt samples. Their Filesclab Dynamic Defense System is their BB feature as fine feature too which actively monitors for suspicious.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is the very first time I have heard of Twister!

Here's what Softpedia say about it February 15th, 2013:
  • Twister Antivirus (formerly Twister Anti-TrojanVirus) 8.1.5.6709
    A different, amazing, intelligent anti-virus software

17 Screenshots
    Twister Antivirus is a security solution that aims to provide you with the basic tools for keeping your computer safe from virus attacks. It is a flexible program designed to detect threats and remove them with minimum effort.

The app includes antivirus protection tools and firewall components that enable you to protect your registry and other private information from being modified or accessed. You can customize the level of protection by selecting the components that you want to keep active.
Source: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Twister-Anti-TrojanVirus.shtml

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
This software was a great hole to malware in it's very old versions, I tested this one time but I got trial from mail, you had to sent a mail then you got a trial key. Missed a lot of malware but todays versions may be quite different, need more recent tests to say something solid lol.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Been checking out Twister again ,
so far 3 false positive
one GeForce Experience file one windows 8 file and the Virus total up loader,
all files are clean,
Uninstalled .

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I just did a little test, Twister AV max settings managed to clean most malware from memory after their execution, but it failed extremly with crapware/adware, which was installed and then downloaded additional adware from servers. The protection against non crapware/adware was acceptable compared to other AV's, yet system got malware active in memory at the end.

Temp folders where cleaned before on-demand scans were run, malware samples folder was previously deleted as well.

It looks surprising that on-demand scans showed positives results, but as I saw system got crapware installed anyway.

MBAM scan = Clean
HitmanPro = 1 Service / suspicious
Herdprotect = 3 crapware detections

Video:

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I have used twister before.
Its dynamic defender can block most of the malware(embedded with cloud analysis)
but the detection rate in 64bit & 32bit are different. maybe the demand scan detection rate is a little low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.