Acronis True Image 2012 and Hitman Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Hello,I have a query about acronis true image.
I have not tried this software and don't know much about it and i have read in forum that it has feature Try and decide by which you get back to system where you want.

I want to know that is Acronis True and Decide is similar to RollbackRx and Sysrestore.
How effective it is,I mean can you test malware like it can be done with rollback rx.
Last question, does hitman pro detect bootkit malware( I know its FP) when you install acronis true image as hitman detect bootkit malware when you have either rollbackrx or sysrestore.

D

Deleted member 178

Stranger said:
Hello,I have a query about acronis true image.
I have not tried this software and don't know much about it and i have read in forum that it has feature Try and decide by which you get back to system where you want.

almost

I want to know that is Acronis True and Decide is similar to RollbackRx and Sysrestore.

It is more like a cross between Shadow Defender and Rollback Rx, it store a temporary snapshot of your real system in a secret location in the partition you select, then you can try everything you want, when you finish, you turn it off then ATD ask you if you want commit or discard the changes to your system. the difference with Rollback is you don't have saved snapshots.

How effective it is,I mean can you test malware like it can be done with rollback rx.

in theory yes but i didn't tried yet

Last question, does hitman pro detect bootkit malware( I know its FP) when you install acronis true image as hitman detect bootkit malware when you have either rollbackrx or sysrestore.

ran ATD thenscan with HMP, no alert.

Untitled-24.png

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
@umbrapolaris: which version of Acronis True Image do you use.....i have slight problem with try and decide in 2012 version in windows 7 64bit.....after discrading changes in try and decide....when computer reboots it asks if i want to continue in try and decide mode or discard changes....after clicking discard changes.....i am stuck in black screen.....i have to force restart to get back to desktop...although all the changes are discarded, i am still wondering what causing this issue....i have reported this to Acronis team but they didn't reply at all......Are you having any issue with try and decide......by the way i have clean install Acronics 2-3 times but the issue is still there.....

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
AcronisMedia Boot is it good?

Are you guys talkign about incremental backups or 1 time backups?

D

Deleted member 178

samit said:
@umbrapolaris: which version of Acronis True Image do you use.....i have slight problem with try and decide in 2012 version in windows 7 64bit.....after discrading changes in try and decide....when computer reboots it asks if i want to continue in try and decide mode or discard changes....after clicking discard changes.....i am stuck in black screen.....i have to force restart to get back to desktop...although all the changes are discarded, i am still wondering what causing this issue....i have reported this to Acronis team but they didn't reply at all......Are you having any issue with try and decide......by the way i have clean install Acronics 2-3 times but the issue is still there.....

Im using ATI 2011, i dont like 2012 because it is very buggy as you can see. i didnt have any issues with it.

@Nikos: we talking about Acronis Try & Decide , a feature of Acronis True Image.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
their support is too bad i have send mail twice to them regarding the issue....on both occasions, they didn't reply at all.....its already 2 weeks since last time i send them message...:(

D

Deleted member 178

that is pity because ATI is one of the fastest imaging product i ever used.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
I have read very bad review about 2012 version of acronis.
Is this too bad?
someone using it please share your view

D

Deleted member 178

i read them too so it is why i keep the 2011 version, it never failed me unllike Easeus and Paragon.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
i read them too so it is why i keep the 2011 version, it never failed me unllike Easeus and Paragon.

i cannot download 2011 version as there is no link on their official website to try it and 2012 with 214mb i am not daring to give it a try

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Stranger said:
I have read very bad review about 2012 version of acronis.
Is this too bad?
someone using it please share your view
look at my post#4 in this thread....i have mentioned my issues with 2012 version......everything works great except try and decide features.....

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Downloaded and installed and totally dissapointed.
Its not like RollbackRx but its similar to shadow defender.
I say its virtualization software not rollback
Toolwiz & Shadow defender have much smaller installer and better product then try &decide.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
RollbackRx or Shadow defender which is best?

Aslo do we have to boot to take system snapshot back up or un it on windows and take incrementel backuos?
which solution works best?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Nikos said:
RollbackRx or Shadow defender which is best?

Aslo do we have to boot to take system snapshot back up or un it on windows and take incrementel backuos?
which solution works best?

both are different software and both have different function.
Shadow defender: A virtualization software which creates virtual image on your system when yoiu turn it in and you can choose whether the change in that period should take effect or not,and yes for this purpose reboot require.

RollbackRx:A rollback software in which you take snapshot of your computer and go back to that time whenever you want.You can take many snapshots.

RollbackRx is much better as it have many functions.

D

Deleted member 178

Stranger said:
Its not like RollbackRx but its similar to shadow defender.
I say its virtualization software not rollback

Yes I told it before on a post. but for someone that use Acronis and doesn't have SD is quoite nice to have it.

Stranger said:
RollbackRx is much better as it have many functions.

Anyway you cannot compare them since one (Rollback) create snapshots and store them (which uses more HDD space) and the other ,SD, just nullify all changes made (except the one you chose to keep),

Honestly i prefer having a virtualization one like SD associated with a backup software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.