Acronis True Image 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, I've got Acronis true image 2018 on a 30-day trial I usually backup to external hard drive but thought I would give the free trial of Acronis cloud storage ago before I do does it takes longer to back-up to cloud storage.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Hi, I've got Acronis true image 2018 on a 30-day trial I usually backup to external hard drive but thought I would give the free trial of Acronis cloud storage ago before I do does it takes longer to back-up to cloud storage.

The initial backup will take an eternity. mine took 5 days. (20mb upload. was much faster with 60mb from cable) However, if you set it up as custom/ incremental on a daily basis, those will be quicker. I have 3 backed up to My passport ultras usb 3.0, and even a full b/u only takes an hour or so, with daily incrementals taking only minutes. (my machines are all approx 500 gb use)
I believe Acronis is far and away the BEST back up program!

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Also forgot to mention..... retrieving your data from the Acronis Cloud will take 3 times longer than your original upload. (Depending on your internet speed of course)

Reactions: OutOfBounds
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.