Acronis True Image Home 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The boot time launching is my favorite feature, no need USB or DVD. if the system dont boot just press F11 and it launch the winPe mode. then you can browse to the image and restore it.

i also like the light image created and the speed of the backup,

Link: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/index.v2.html

features: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/online-backup/

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
RE: Acronis True Image 2012

Informative review right there umbrapolaris! Keep it up.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for the review, Umbra!

Some of my likes and dislikes:

Pros
  • Time Line - the timeline of your software installations and windows updates relative to the images available for restore.
    [attachment=934]
  • Ability to convert Acronis backups to Windows backups and vice versa. I especially appreciate the ability to add the VHDs to the boot menu [Windows 7 Edition dependent and using an additional bootloader tool].
  • Acronis Secure Zone

Cons
  • Plus Pack is required for dynamic/GPT disk support, Universal Restore [ability to restore to a different hardware configuration] and the Acronis WinPE ISO builder.
  • The full installer is downloaded during an update process.
  • As convenient as the support for Zip format is, it does not provide password protection and encryption.
  • No Freeware Edition

As you already mentioned, the speed of imaging [and restoring especially] is really good, it is considerably faster than Macrium, for example. I have the Compression Level set to High and Priority to Normal. I'm mostly using the version chain scheme.

Attachments

• Snap_2011.12.01_21h03m04s_004.png
    Snap_2011.12.01_21h03m04s_004.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 657
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Good additions, Nathan, all those you cited are very true.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I have used Acronis True Image 2012 and reverted to 2011 before reverting to Paragon.

The reason I reverted from 2012 to 2011 was because there were 3 bugs that weren't fixed on the latest built.

These are:
**The disk recovery options saved as default are not kept after reboot (not much of a problem but yes it is annoying);

**Queued backup tasks run in a random order and not in the order in which they were queued (it is quite annoying);

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 may prevent a USB flash drive from being properly detected under Windows. A fix will be available soon. (I have experienced this bug everytime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.