ActivePresenter or BB FlashBack Express ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Can anyone tell me which of these are best for screen recording and it has great quality and supports .mp4 output ?

Reactions: omidomi
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I have only used BBFlashBack.

It works fine for creation of basic screen-capture videos. For example, to create video that clearly documents bug.

User has to export to Flash or AVI format for others to view video.

It is stable without any compatibility issues on my system.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If you are looking for Free version, no doubt Active Presenter. Because it supports most, if not all features available in the Pro version of BBFlashBack Express. The free version of the BBFlashBack doesn't include any editing capabilities, which is present in Active Presenter Free, and probably one of the best in this aspect even among commerical products.

Active Presenter Editing Features
Active Presenter Recording Features
Active Presenter Export Features

The freeware version of Active Presenter has all the features of Pro version, except certain formats that you can export to. Nevertheless you can export to AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, WebM, PNG, JPG formats, which would be enough for free version :D

But if you want to record games, you might want to look elsewhere, like Loilo Game Recorder, IceCream Screen Recorder or even BBFlashBack Express itself. All are freeware.

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Thank you,i will choose AP. It has confusing UI for beginner but it offers great editing features for free.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I had the chance to try Active Presenter and I agree it has a very confusing UI for a beginner. Lots of tools really I do not understand. I did not keep it as I have Faststone Capture(paid). But I tried BBFlashback and it was not so confusing. Of course the drawback was that it only supports one conversion to a file (.flv) I think(can't remember) but ti was simple to use. If your up to using the tools of AP then it's great freeware. :)

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Very complicated. Camtasia is great for beginners.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I had the chance to try Active Presenter and I agree it has a very confusing UI for a beginner. Lots of tools really I do not understand. I did not keep it as I have Faststone Capture(paid). But I tried BBFlashback and it was not so confusing. Of course the drawback was that it only supports one conversion to a file (.flv) I think(can't remember) but ti was simple to use. If your up to using the tools of AP then it's great freeware. :)

Actually I felt the same way at the beginning. I agree it looks all complex from first look, but in fact it's not :D but very easy after some time, when you learn the controls. They've kept it Powerpoint like interface, so it's easy to workout. You can just work around with it , just like you use Powerpoint.

The recording part is easy, just like any other software, it's after the recording is finished, you get something la Powerpoint like interface, to play with the Editing tools. If editing is not required, simply export it to a format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.