Advice Request Ad-Blocking Ext's Poll /Facebook Comments

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
IF YOU ARE USING ADGUARD "DESKTOP" RATHER THAN THE EXTENSION THEN PLEASE VOTE "I USE AN ADBLOCKER NOT INCLUDED ON THIS LIST"

The Poll Is to gauge which "Adblocking" Extensions are the most popular on MalwareTips, And also to share experiences/opinions in the comments section pertaining to which of these blockers are still successful at blocking ads on Facebook...
Whether you be an Adguard or uBlock Origin Fan.... Pro or Anti the use of Adblockers....
Regardless of whether you wish to have your say on Adblocking Extensions..Filter Lists..Acceptable Ads..
...Issues regarding the Ethics of Adblocking ,..
..Or the possible failure of sites to police their Ads...
All comments are greatly appreciated
.:)

As you are all aware,there are countless AdBlocking Extensions available....
and there is also a great deal of overlap with AdBlockers, Pop-Up Blockers, Pop-Under Blockers, Anti-Trackers, Script-Blockers and more...
I have selected 8 Extensions that I felt would be the most popular,as well as the most applicable to AdBlocking

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't use an extension but i use adguard for windows. So not sure if i should vote I use an AdBlocker not included on this list or nothing.
@SHvFl ...By all means vote Adguard,..For the purposes of this poll I am not too fussy as to whether it is an extension or desktop software :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@SHvFl ...By all means vote Adguard,..For the purposes of this poll I am not too fussy as to whether it is an extension or desktop software :)
Change title from extension then to tool or something and add adguard for windows as an option. The adguard extension and the app are a totally different beast.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't wish to lengthen the title of the thread to the point that the word facebook does not show on the title due to it being too long for the latest threads/replies section..I already had to shorten extensions to ext's...
I do not want to broaden it out to ALL possible security tools as it makes the entire thing too complex.
If you prefer to vote "none of the above" then I am more than happy with that..
The main reason that I suggested voting adguard was that the poll would still be representative of people using an adguard product,whether that be an extension or desktop software..
I Have instead edited the initial post asking those that are using Adguard desktop rather than the extension to vote for "I am using an adblocker not included on this list.

I understand where you are coming from @SHvFl ...and I apologise for not providing clarification earlier on..
thank you for pointing this out to me :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I don't wish to lengthen the title of the thread to the point that the word facebook does not show on the title due to it being too long for the latest threads/replies section..I already had to shorten extensions to ext's...
I do not want to broaden it out to ALL possible security tools as it makes the entire thing too complex.
The main reason that I suggested voting adguard was that the poll would still be representative of people using an adguard product,whether that be an extension or desktop software..
I Have instead edited the initial post asking those that are using Adguard desktop rather than the extension to vote for "I am using an adblocker not included on this list.

I understand where you are coming from @SHvFl ...and I apologise for not providing clarification earlier on..
Yes FaceBook is the most or is it least important word in this thread. :p

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Sure. It's your topic and you make the rules. Voted for adguard.

EDIT: I am stupid. You said to vote for I am using an adblocker not included on this list. I have now done that.
Sorry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

uBlock Origin extension more than sufficient for me (with advanced user mode enabled, that is). I even prefer it to Adguard's paid desktop version which I uninstalled.
I also have Adguard desktop paid for lifetime, but i don't find it any better than free alternative extensions for browsers, even as standalone software it includes many features which i find uneeded for "system-wide ad blocking" to me Adguard for Windows is same as AV softwares bundled with "registry/disk cleaners", so my vote goes to uBlock Origin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.