Advice Request Ad-Blocking Ext's Poll /Facebook Comments

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
IF YOU ARE USING ADGUARD "DESKTOP" RATHER THAN THE EXTENSION THEN PLEASE VOTE "I USE AN ADBLOCKER NOT INCLUDED ON THIS LIST"

The Poll Is to gauge which "Adblocking" Extensions are the most popular on MalwareTips, And also to share experiences/opinions in the comments section pertaining to which of these blockers are still successful at blocking ads on Facebook...
Whether you be an Adguard or uBlock Origin Fan.... Pro or Anti the use of Adblockers....
Regardless of whether you wish to have your say on Adblocking Extensions..Filter Lists..Acceptable Ads..
...Issues regarding the Ethics of Adblocking ,..
..Or the possible failure of sites to police their Ads...
All comments are greatly appreciated
.:)

As you are all aware,there are countless AdBlocking Extensions available....
and there is also a great deal of overlap with AdBlockers, Pop-Up Blockers, Pop-Under Blockers, Anti-Trackers, Script-Blockers and more...
I have selected 8 Extensions that I felt would be the most popular,as well as the most applicable to AdBlocking

Last edited:

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ Updated filters, cleaned out Chrome restarted machine, logged back into Facebook and still, I see suggested posts. Not a problem though, at least it isn't mega obtrusive and I'm sure a fix will be out soon. I cannot wait to see how this game of cat and mouse between Facebook and Adblock Plus goes.

I've never seen this before? https://facebook.adblockplus.me/

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
What do you reckon people? Is it worth trying out? Anybody tried this? What are your experiences?

Edit: Waste of time...

Attachments

• facebook adblocker.PNG
    facebook adblocker.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
[/QUOTE]
@_CyberGhosT_ Updated filters, cleaned out Chrome restarted machine, logged back into Facebook and still, I see suggested posts. Not a problem though, at least it isn't mega obtrusive and I'm sure a fix will be out soon. I cannot wait to see how this game of cat and mouse between Facebook and Adblock Plus goes.

Haven't had any problems with that at all, no ads, no suggested posts, just normal stuff
Using uBlock Origin and Ghostery... they both seem to do the job together:cool:

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Not getting many of those. I've set my Ghostery to block all trackers, so all the crud doesn't follow me around.;)

EDIT: I get them on my phone, but not on PC

Hmmm, I'll try Fanboy's Anti-Facebook list and if I still see them after that then I'll just have to wait.

UPDATE: Fanboy's Anti-Facebook list doesn't seem to make a difference neither. Oh well. Hopefully there will be a work around soon.

UPDATE(2): Seems like it's getting worse by the minute! Suggested game? Come on; give us a break!

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My vote goes to Ublock Origin because of effectiveness filters on blocking the advertisement and save a lot of possible malicious pop-ups.

Ublock Origin blocks more filters that are internal compare on others and I've never experience browsing issues where some elements show missing in the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.