Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Adblock Plus 1.1 for Internet Explorer released
As with the previous release, this version is compatible to anything down to Internet Explorer 6. However, this version now also supports Enhanced Protected Mode (the default in Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 8.1) and is properly tested in Windows 8.1. Altogether, the improvements in this version:

Enhanced Protected Mode support.
Better user interface for update notifications.
Fixed a crash when files are being uploaded.
Fixed a hang sometimes happening in Internet Explorer 6.

There are still a few known limitations in this version. Also, some users are reporting Adblock Plus causing Internet Explorer hangs on Windows 8.1, so far we were unable to reproduce this issue despite identical configuration.

Download:
https://downloads.adblockplus.org/adblockplusie-1.1.exe

Tracking Protection Lists
http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's resource usage like now? CPU/RAM while on sites like Youtube or sites that use Ads.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
youtube
adcxtaiu71.jpg

I

illumination

Earth said:
What's resource usage like now? CPU/RAM while on sites like Youtube or sites that use Ads.

It is really light, but still somewhat buggy... I was having a few issues with it, and removed it until they stabilize it a little better..

It was a shame, had me all excited, it is the only thing that has kept me from using IE all this time, can not stand all the ads now days..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why not use TPL? While it does not block all Ads, it does reduce them.

I2IDlrT.png

I

illumination

Earth said:
Why not use TPL? While it does not block all Ads, it does reduce them.

I have become to spoiled with adblock... TPL just does not work good enough for me..

This version of Adblock for IE does it's job, of blocking all the adds, just noticed random glitches I hope they iron out soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.