BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Adblock Plus on Twitter
Adblock Plus is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated extensions for Edge browser. and while Microsoft has already confirmed that it’s working with the company to bring it to Windows 10 users, everyone was wondering how come that a beta version is not yet available.

In a tweet posted this morning, Adblock Plus confirmed that their Edge extension is already in the works and a beta is prepared for the rollout. All it takes is for Microsoft to push the release button and users can install it on their devices running Windows 10 Redstone builds.

“Just waiting on Microsoft to allow us to release it! We're working on it as we speak. Just waiting for Microsoft to allow us to be released,” AdBlock Plus explained in two tweets.

More betas to launch before the summer debut
At this point, extensions for Microsoft Edge need to be manually downloaded and installed in Edge browser, but in the future, the software giant plans to make them available in the Windows Store for easy install.

“With this in mind, we have built Microsoft Edge so customers can add extensions to the browser with the confidence that they will operate as expected,” Drew DeBruyne, general manager of Microsoft Edge, explains.

“One of our highest priorities is to ensure that Microsoft Edge is the safest, most reliable and fastest browser we could build, and our experience over the past 20 years has taught us that poorly written or even malicious add-ons were a huge source of security, reliability and performance issues for browsers.”

Extensions should become available for the general public in June when Microsoft releases the Redstone update for Windows 10. By that time, however, users participating in the Insider program can download beta extensions from the web, but they’re only intended for testing purposes.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I am glad it is not just me who thought Edge was as slow as a wet week.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
They sure did say blazingly fast not sure what happened.

H

hjlbx

I'm not happy with any browsers really. Cyberfox is close, but it has problems with webpage scripts sometimes and sends CPU usage way up.

Anyhow, Edge is better than IE - I know that for sure - but it still needs further work.

D

Deleted member 2913

I'm not happy with any browsers really. Cyberfox is close, but it has problems with webpage scripts sometimes and sends CPU usage way up.

Anyhow, Edge is better than IE - I know that for sure - but it still needs further work.
I too have noticed sometimes sites appears half gibberish with Cyberfox & some time some websites take little time or need to refresh.

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

I too have noticed sometimes sites appears half gibberish with Cyberfox & some time some websites take little time or need to refresh.

Use one browser, then M$ update or other soft update will break something or another. Change browser for a while, then something else happens.

It's always a pain... man. What a pain.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good news at all, Edge browser is still considered as a respectable candidate from its competitors although a long way to tie up against 3rd party browsers.

With Adblock Plus on the works, then it marks the truly reliability of a browser.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Use one browser, then M$ update or other soft update will break something or another. Change browser for a while, then something else happens.

It's always a pain... man. What a pain.
On Win 10 family shared system, I have quite a few browsers. IE is kinda useless, Edge is kinda work in progress, Chrome is main browser, Firefox is one family members fav, Cyberfox Portable & Vivaldi Portable are my fav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.