Level 35
Verified
Mar 16, 2019

Lenny_Fox

Level 21
Verified
Oct 1, 2019
@SecurityNightmares

I am using the ABP version with AdGuard, because I have seen rules with $cookie. For uBlockOrigin I use the HOST file version because I noticed these $cookie domains are missing in the HOST version. I did this because I do not know whether uBlockOrigin only omits the $cookie or the entire rule (when it only omits the $cookie II assume using the ABP version could break websites).

Do you know whether uBlockOrigin omits just the $cookie (which would be wrong) or the entire rle (which would prevent possible website breakage). To compensate for the lacking third-party option in the HOST file version, I have added "no-strict-blocking: * true". I know the is not the same, but prevents uBo from blockin website navigation when clicking on sponsored links.

Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 21
Verified
Oct 1, 2019
I don't use uBlock Origin so I can't help. Sorry
Why not just test it?
Then I need to know on which websites these trackers are used (which I don't).

That is the USP of your list (like Peter's Low, Disconnect and Ghostery) it does not chase the websites I visit, but the (third-party) advertising and tracking networks used on those websites (did I catch you on an off-guard moment? ), this is why I have over 90% of the blockrate of uBO default with less than 5% of the rules (or did you trick me into promoting the USP of your list again?).

:)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SecurityNightmares

rain2reign

Level 5
Jun 21, 2020
@SecurityNightmares

I am using the ABP version with AdGuard, because I have seen rules with $cookie. For uBlockOrigin I use the HOST file version because I noticed these $cookie domains are missing in the HOST version. I did this because I do not know whether uBlockOrigin only omits the $cookie or the entire rule (when it only omits the $cookie II assume using the ABP version could break websites).

Do you know whether uBlockOrigin omits just the $cookie (which would be wrong) or the entire rle (which would prevent possible website breakage). To compensate for the lacking third-party option in the HOST file version, I have added "no-strict-blocking: * true". I know the is not the same, but prevents uBo from blockin website navigation when clicking on sponsored links.

Thanks for your hard work.
Ublock will omit the entire line from a quick test i did on Imgur's URL. It's not a foolproof, but the logger showed it just completely ignored that rule altogether. The $cookie is in the Chromium version of Adgaurd's 'Tracking Protection Filter'. That particular entire section is deleted altogether in the uBlock compatible counterpart of that same list.

Look for the header:
Code:
!-------------- Cookies --------------------------------------------------------!

AG: https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/chromium/filters/3.txt
uBlock: https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/ublock/filters/3.txt

Last edited:

SecurityNightmares

Level 37
Verified
Jan 9, 2020
  • +Reputation
Reactions: Lenny_Fox