Advice Request Adding exclusions to CF (CS)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vertigo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
I have an issue with CF, where it shows an alert every time I copy or delete certain files from the Firefox profile directory (prefs.js and search.json.mozlz4 and possibly another) due to the Advanced Protection > Miscellaneous > Show alerts in case any other software attempts to modify current settings of installed browsers setting. And what's really strange is that it only seems to happen when the files are in the proper path (Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile.default\), though it doesn't matter where that path is, as it's happening when I'm copying a backed up profile on drive D: to a backup drive F: or from either to the desktop. IOW, I'm not actually affecting the browser's settings at all, but CF thinks I am simply based on the relative path. I've tried copying and deleting the directories with both explorer and FastCopy, and they both trigger it. Is there a way to exclude them, and other specified programs, from this, i.e. allow explorer.exe, fastcopy.exe, and others to modify browser settings?

vertigo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
I don't need smart-ass answers. If you don't have an actual answer, don't reply.

Another issue I'm having, for those that want to be serious, is that the auto-containment setting to run unrecognized files virtually isn't alerting me when it does so. I was trying to run a batch file and it took several minutes to figure out that was the cause for it not working. That's one of my biggest pet-peeves about security software, and why I ruled out almost every one I tested. I hate when stuff is just blocked with absolutely no indication of what's happening, leaving the user clueless as to why things aren't working. Is there a setting I'm missing that will show notifications whenever CF "interferes" with something? I've seen it pop up before when containing things, so not sure why it's not here. Also, the cmd window that opens when launching the batch file doesn't have a green border to indicate that it's contained, which at the very least should be happening and would give a clue as to the problem even without an alert.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't need smart-ass answers. If you don't have an actual answer, don't reply.

Another issue I'm having, for those that want to be serious, is that the auto-containment setting to run unrecognized files virtually isn't alerting me when it does so. I was trying to run a batch file and it took several minutes to figure out that was the cause for it not working. That's one of my biggest pet-peeves about security software, and why I ruled out almost every one I tested. I hate when stuff is just blocked with absolutely no indication of what's happening, leaving the user clueless as to why things aren't working. Is there a setting I'm missing that will show notifications whenever CF "interferes" with something? I've seen it pop up before when containing things, so not sure why it's not here. Also, the cmd window that opens when launching the batch file doesn't have a green border to indicate that it's contained, which at the very least should be happening and would give a clue as to the problem even without an alert.
I would humbly suggest that you post on the official Comodo forum. They are the ones to provide support for their product. This forum might be a good place to discuss configs, tweaks and security issues, but I think your problems need plain old support from the vendor.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.