Status
Not open for further replies.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Not sure if it has always worked this way, but added a key code today to KTS with 16 days left. Thought it would use up the remaining 16 days, but didn't. Interesting.

Attachments

• kts.fw.png
    kts.fw.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 794
Reactions: harlan4096

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Maybe it could be from me changing the product from a 5 user, 1 year key to a 1 user, 1 year key. IDK.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Think it is working as intended. Doesn't show RENEW on home screen anymore, but still shows 16 days. Didn't know Kaspersky doesn't consume unused days when new keys are inserted...maybe new policy?

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
I seen this happen on a computer at home, but this was a different beast: This was going from KIS to KTS, and I had the same screen as you did @motox781

Also there's this: https://usa.kaspersky.com/renewal-upgrade-faq

If I renew my product before it expires, will I lose time remaining on my subscription?

If you renew the subscription on your existing product, you will not lose remaining days on your old subscription. However, you will receive a new license, subscription and activation code (also called license key). Your new activation code will automatically load the additional days left from your old subscription.

However if you are not careful in what you click on, you can lose your remaining days:

If I upgrade to a different Kaspersky product, will my existing subscription carry over?

If you choose to buy a new product through the Kaspersky Lab eStore, you are buying a brand new license and subscription to a Kaspersky product. Any remaining subscription days on your old product will not carry over to your new product.

So if you are careful in how you do things and what you click on, you won't lose anything.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I added 1 key to my ongoing KIS 2018 an it worked good, the application saying that the added key will be activated when the actual one expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.