Solved addonjet adware keeps reappearing

cheeseramen

Thread author
Oct 2, 2016
I've already reset the settings on my Google Chrome a number of times but the ads still appear. One thing I noticed is that when the search page is loading, I see 'connecting to... revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net' appear at the bottom right before the ads show up.

Attachments

• Malwarebytes Scan.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition_30-10-2017 08.36.00.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST_30-10-2017 08.36.00.txt
    79.5 KB · Views: 1

cheeseramen

Thread author
Oct 2, 2016
Hi. Yes, it only seems to happen in Chrome. I've tried doing searches in IE and Firefox a couple of times and nothing happens.

In Chrome, the search page loads normally, then after a few seconds 'waiting for revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net' appears and the ads show up a few seconds later. When I do the same thing in IE and Firefox, I don't get redirected.

cheeseramen

Thread author
Oct 2, 2016
I disabled all of my extensions and then enabled them one by one to see if one of them is causing this. It seems to be triggered by an DM video downloader extension I have. I've had that extension installed for more than year though, so I'm not really sure why it's only causing problems now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.