Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
adguard-box.png

Program name: Adguard
Version: 5.4
Release date: August 31, 2012
Language: Russian, English, Japanese, Portguese, German, Spanish, Serbian
File size: 1,4 Mb

Adguard 5.4 is a major release of the popular ad and popup blocking program. Not only it protects users from unwanted ads on websites, it keeps you away from phishing websites. While working siltently in the background, it automatically removes banners from the web pages you visit, thereby saving your traffic and reducing the page loading time. The program supports both 32x and 64x Windows versions, and it works on all popular browsers. In the new version we've put a lot of work in the filtration system. Now it works seamlessly and blazingly fast. We've added a new SSL-traffic filtering technology, so it's possible for Adguard to filter ads behind ecnrypted traffic on the social networks, e-mail services, search engines & etc.

Key features of Adguard:
1. Saves time and nerves;
2. Works with all popular browsers;
3. Easy to use, works just out of the box, needs no tuning or customization;
4. Comes with a browser module for manual ad blocking;
5. Updated regularly;
6. Works on 32x and 64x Windows versions.

Release notes for 5.4:

Added:
+ Completely resolved the filtration speed issues
+ Simple SSL-traffic filtering
+ New network filtering algorythm
+ Extended filter rules
+ Waterfox browser support

Fixed:
* Fixed the problem with the synchronization of bookmarks in Maxthon with an active protection
* Fixed displaying issues with some of the web-sites: wix.com, pandawill.com, daportfolio.com & etc
* Small bugfixes and optimizations
screenshot3.png

DOWNLOAD

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Does not work with wifi does not detect internet connection with wifi except that its perfect

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
Does not work with wifi does not detect internet connection with wifi except that its perfect

On my 4 computers, it is working with wifi just fine.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I tried it on two laptops one with win7x64 ultimate and one with win7x32 starters and the installation does not seem to detect the internet connection through wifi even after firewall off

P

Plexx

Tried it and cant detect it either.

Guess its a pass for me.

Thanks for the share though.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
well I been using Adguard for the last few hours
I Will pass , Back to adblock plus for me,
used it for a real good spin to lots of ad filled sites
the speed is ok but It missed far to many ads for my taste it was pop up and adheaven.
would not advice using it a primery ad blocked alone ,
one might use it with Ghostery , but I get the feeling Ghostery be doing 80 % of the
adblocking ,
in time it after a lot more work on it may be a challenger to adblock plus or Ghostery but not now.. Thanks for the share

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
i am using Adfender which is free and does great job....
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/AdFender.shtml

AdFender_1.png

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
samit said:
i am using Adfender which is free and does great job....
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/AdFender.shtml

AdFender_1.png

I also use AdFender and it works much better than many paid comparable programs. I never have slowdowns with it. However I mostly use it to block ads on FeedDemon and other web applications. I use extensions to block ads on Google Chrome and Firefox. Ad-block extensions do an excellent job for browsers, but if you use other web programs then AdFender will definitely block the other ads for free. Why pay for something that you can get for free and works better?

Thanks.:D

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
samit and Littlebits you are always full of good advice
AdFender is worth a look I did use the beta for a while
but had some issues as one can have with ( beta's )
I have not used it since then In Infact totaly forgot about it lol
Will have to give the latist version a try ,

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
hi MRF71 sent you some by pm . not all though
remember I hunt malware So I do visit A lot of places on the net that
that arent advised to go to lol ,

thry them with Adguard max protection
then try them with Adblock plus

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
i use ad muncher premium, i used them both and found ad muncher to be better at memory usage and it offered a lifetime license :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
arsenaloyal said:
i use ad muncher premium, i used them both and found ad muncher to be better at memory usage and it offered a lifetime license :D

AdMuncher is a good program if you want to pay, but it also has its disadvantages:

1. Conflicts with many AV's and firewalls.
2. Causes slow loading of web applications
3. Maybe lighter with memory usage, but still not as light as browser extensions or AdFender.

However I don't see a lifetime license offered at their site- https://www.admuncher.com/register.shtml?Partner=www.admuncher.com

$79.95 for unlimited weekly updates
$109.95 for unlimited daily updates

Is the closest thing I can find for lifetime which is very expensive.

Good day.:D

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Littlebits said:
arsenaloyal said:

AdMuncher is a good program if you want to pay, but it also has its disadvantages:

1. Conflicts with many AV's and firewalls.
2. Causes slow loading of web applications
3. Maybe lighter with memory usage, but still not as light as browser extensions or AdFender.

However I don't see a lifetime license offered at their site- https://www.admuncher.com/register.shtml?Partner=www.admuncher.com

$79.95 for unlimited weekly updates
$109.95 for unlimited daily updates

Is the closest thing I can find for lifetime which is very expensive.

Good day.:D

I use ESET and Outpost Firewall Pro and found no conflict :D

I dont find any slowdowns in any of my browsers or pages !

Well i used to use a lot of addons on all my browsers,so apart from adblock like ghostery and dnt+, but since i started using AdMuncher premium i have removed all my addons as AdMuncher by default blocks more web bugs than ghostery or dnt :D
So all in all i find is quite good.
Oh and it also blocks youtube and hulu ads which is excellent and save you many minutes of irritation !
Regarding the lifetime license yes it is a bit expensive the max you can get now is a 20% discount details of which I have posted under discounts section !

The
$79.95 for unlimited weekly updates : AdMuncher Basic Lifetime
$109.95 for unlimited daily updates : AdMuncher Premium Lifetime

are actually lifetime licenses which also include product updates.

But if you want the best then it has to be AdMuncher premium

and lastly the support provided by the developers is excellent !

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
browser based adblock is better and its free. adguard imo doesnt worth paying for

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is that $ per PC?

A lifetime license is risky, especially if the price is high for something you can get for free. My personal opinion is shady.

arsenaloyal said:
$79.95 for unlimited weekly updates : AdMuncher Basic Lifetime
$109.95 for unlimited daily updates : AdMuncher Premium Lifetime

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The developer is a genius then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.