Adguard Desktop Filters Suggestions

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am running Adguard Desktop with default English Filter only.

What all filters you use? And your experience & probs with the filters you use.

What filters you suggest for adblocking only with minimum probs? Or default English filter is sufficient?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I use just the English filter and never see ads so no other adblocking filter. Though i added adblock warning removal list and anti-adblock killer to stop as many sites as possible that block adblockers and show msg.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use just the English filter and never see ads so no other adblocking filter. Though i added adblock warning removal list and anti-adblock killer to stop as many sites as possible that block adblockers and show msg.
If those filters block sites that block adblockers & show msg...can you view the info you were trying to view on the sites or the info too gets blocked or cannot be viewed? i.e could be the sites want you to allow ads to view the info & blocking the ads in anyway blocks the info too or doesn't show the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If those filters block sites that block adblockers & show msg...can you view the info you were trying to view on the sites or the info too gets blocked or cannot be viewed?
On sites that this filters work you can view content that would normally be blocked. There is no negative effect of using them as far as i see from my usage.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I use English filter, with a custom Host file (block list) located here: MDL
And I have no issues, at one time I used 10 to 12 of AdGuard's filters back when I was testing it for purchase and I got the warning that too many filters could slow down my browsing experience, but no slow down.
This software has become a part of my "must have" on all my systems.
PS: I edited the live link above so that it only directs to where I get my "Host Files (block list)" I did not want to link directly to the host file (block list) and get warned for linking to malware, I was unsure as to weather the links within would be considered malware, but the host files are easy enough to find.
PeAcE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.