Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Want to combine two rules in one rule for all websites
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Read "How to create your own ad filters" but that's too complicated for me. I couldn't find what I wanted.
https://kb.adguard.com/en/general/how-to-create-your-own-ad-filters?aid=16593
For two websites I need to allow ##.o-cookielaw found in AdGuards annoyances filter.

That is done by the wizard (no not me but from AdGuard :D ) as:

bosch-home.nl#@#.o-cookielaw
neff-home.com#@#.o-cookielaw

How do I combine that in one rule, for all websites?

Solution
For two websites I need to allow ##.o-cookielaw found in AdGuards annoyances filter.

bosch-home.nl,neff-home.com#@#.o-cookielaw

When I remember Yuki's critique (or better tips) on my rules correctly, as long as you use domain names, it does not matter a lot performance wise whether you write it in a single rule or combine them as shown above. When you look at Easylist and Adguard filters, it seems best practice to combine them in a single rule.

UBlockOrigin has an option to exclude generic rules and disable cosmetic filtering both for performance...

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019

Why not uncheck the 'naughty' rules in the filter list?

Upvote 0

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Sorry, I didn't know. I use Adguard for Windows. And unblocking in the log?
Yes, that works, but then I get two rules, a rule for evey site where I whitelist that and I want to know how to make one rule to allow it for all sites.
Like ^ at the end of a rule.
I don't think #@#.o-cookielaw is enough.
Probably I need to add something in front of that rule to allow it for all sites.

Upvote 0

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019

When I remember Yuki's critique (or better tips) on my rules correctly, as long as you use domain names, it does not matter a lot performance wise whether you write it in a single rule or combine them as shown above. When you look at Easylist and Adguard filters, it seems best practice to combine them in a single rule.

UBlockOrigin has an option to exclude generic rules and disable cosmetic filtering both for performance reasons, so my guess is that generic cosmetic filters should be kept to a minimum (performance wise). So my advice is not to use a generic exception rule (but use AG's really good rule wizzard for each website you encounter the problem).

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Upvote 0

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

UBlockOrigin has an option to exclude generic rules and disable cosmetic filtering both for performance reasons, so my guess is that generic cosmetic filters should be kept to a minimum (performance wise). So my advice is not to use a generic exception rule (but use AG's really good rule wizzard for each website you encounter the problem).
bosch-home.nl,neff-home.com#@#.o-cookielaw works great but going back to uBlock Origin with the option to exclude generic cosmetic filters solves all problems without any rule to add. Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated (y)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.