Advice Request Adguard - Is it good & share your experience

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I use it, very good and impressed, has a lot of very useful features. Just do not add too many ad blocker filters as it will slow down your browser/internet speed. Also after the Web of Trust (trust issues) I deleted the extension from the user interface. Stealth mode works and it's very good at blocking malware sites, plus you get a little widget on all webpages that you can click for info and allow ads etc.,

Upvote 0

fredwerk

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
I represent a charity and the good folks at Adguard donated to us a 5 lifetime Standard license. We use the Mac and Windows version of Adguard and both work great, and I am not sure how I could live without it. It is a very efficient software. The odd times it would block other scripts such as on Facebook Advert Manager. Otherwise I highly recommend it (but try a Trial version if you can).

Upvote 0

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
I really love it, bought 3 life time licenses for myself and 2 for my girlfriend. Sometimes it a bit too aggresive with legit websites, but you can easly disable adguard for a website (Adguard browing 'badge'). The only thing it is not that good in, are popup's I frequently still have some popup's. But it's a very very powerfull piece of software :)

Upvote 0

fredwerk

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
I really love it, bought 3 life time licenses for myself and 2 for my girlfriend. Sometimes it a bit too aggresive with legit websites, but you can easly disable adguard for a website (Adguard browing 'badge'). The only thing it is not that good in, are popup's I frequently still have some popup's. But it's a very very powerfull piece of software :)

This is the feature I love the most: easily whitelist a site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Adguard for Desktop is good. I use it every now and then. I have a lifetime license. :D

The only drawback I can say about Adguard is its incompatibility with some Antiviruses, like Kaspersky, ESET, and Bitdefender. And personally, I'm disappointed because they don't see this incompatibility as an urgent matter. They acknowledge the issue, but they haven't released a fix yet, until later (hopefully, within 2017). It's as if they don't know that Adguard (desktop), as an adblocker, is usually paired with AVs.

Upvote 0

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Adguard for Desktop is good. I use it every now and then. I have a lifetime license. :D

The only drawback I can say about Adguard is its incompatibility with some Antiviruses, like Kaspersky, ESET, and Bitdefender. And personally, I'm disappointed because they don't see this incompatibility as an urgent matter. They acknowledge the issue, but they haven't released a fix yet, until later (hopefully, within 2017). It's as if they don't know that Adguard (desktop), as an adblocker, is usually paired with AVs.
I agree, probably it is not a technical incompatibility, but marketing incompatibility :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.