Advice Request AdGuard or UBlock Origin + Bitdefender Traffic Light?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
AdGuard has several modules that protect against malware, phishing, and of course ads.

Running AdGuard by itself, would you be satisfied with its protection alone ,or you think that a combination like UblockOrigin + BitDefender Traffic Light would offer better Browser Protection?

If not any of these, what would you recommend?

I realize that using AdGuard runs your browsing through their servers for filtration, so I guess this may be good or bad. Your thoughts on the concept compared to the other filter extensions?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
don't really understand if it is providing any extra benefits above a free adblocker (such as UBlock Origin). To be hnest, I'm not convinced that it does very much and was wondering about uninstalling it.
1-Stealth mode
Stealth Mode | AdGuard Knowledgebase
2-You can filter and block ads for other apps (like KMPlayer which is an ad-supported app and Adguard can block these ads)but Ublock only works in the browser
3-Adguard can block browser inbuilt telemetries(like google domains in google chrome)but Ublock cant block these telemetries
4-Robust Parental control
5-Yandex and Google safe browsing API

Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
you can use WDBP, it doesn't hurt anything

That would make my security extension setup.. - HTTPS Everywhere, Nano Adblocker + Various Filters, Netcraft, WDBP, Emsisoft BS, Canvas Defender, and Decentralytes, alongside Google Safe Browsing, wow wow wow, oh well, lets go for it :p:emoji_flushed:

Upvote 0

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
as much as i hate to advocate for them i know heimdal does it and its pretty low on resources and u can unblock anything it blocks...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.