There could be a few reasons why Adguard caused a slowdown on your computer. Here are some possible causes and solutions:
1. Outdated Adguard version: Sometimes an older version of Adguard can cause your computer to slow down. Check if you have the latest version of Adguard installed and update it if necessary.
2. Conflict with other software: Adguard may conflict with other security software installed on your computer, causing a slowdown. Try disabling other security software to see if Adguard works better.
3. Resource-intensive settings: Adguard has many customizable settings that can affect its performance. Check if you have set any heavy-duty settings that may be bogging down your system.
4. System resources: If your computer does not have enough RAM or CPU power, Adguard could cause a slowdown. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Adguard.
5. Malware infection: It's possible that your computer has a malware infection that Adguard is trying to block, causing a slowdown. Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware.
I hope this helps you identify the issue and resolve it. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
Adguard desktop? Yes it can happen (for me it felt like an extra half second sometimes). Since i despise adds I was ok with it.
Adguard app? Cant say I remember a delay.
I'm only talking about the "internet browsing" speed, the pc speed didn't change.
I see. Yeah, it could be DNS related. Adguard for desktop will always be slightly slower than browser-based extensions because it needs to do HTTPS scanning which is slower and more resource intensive compared to filtering traffic using browser provided APIs but, in this case, it could be the DNS filtering setting which according to changelog will be enabled by default. It didn't auto enable on mine I just checked. I'm not using Adguard but have it installed. If it was something else, then reinstalling might fix it.
Now that you mention the DNS settings better take a look/test which server location adguard chooses for you. I live in Europe but for some reason some DNS setting (not sure if it was DOQ or the DNS Crypt one) very often chose a server in Canada for me. I had like a lot of servers that would have been closer (like thousends of miles closer) but adguard chose the canadian one.
When I use Adguard for Windows Desktop with Firefox and open several pages for one forum (using the addon Snap Links), some of the pages timeout such that only part of the pages are loaded or not at all. This doesn't happen when I use adblocker addons, including the one from Adguard.