Has anyone besides me, had a noticeable slows down using Adguard ?I removed it and computer is back to normal. This was never a problem before
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
What version of Adguard Adblocker are you running? When did you first start noticing the slow down?Has anyone besides me, had a noticeable slows down using Adguard ?I removed it and computer is back to normal. This was never a problem before
Browsing,I just remembered using one of their DNS setting, maybe that's where the problem startedBy slowdown you mean slow browsing, or your PC felt slow?
I see. Yeah, it could be DNS related. Adguard for desktop will always be slightly slower than browser-based extensions because it needs to do HTTPS scanning which is slower and more resource intensive compared to filtering traffic using browser provided APIs but, in this case, it could be the DNS filtering setting which according to changelog will be enabled by default. It didn't auto enable on mine I just checked. I'm not using Adguard but have it installed. If it was something else, then reinstalling might fix it.Browsing,I just remembered using one of their DNS setting, maybe that's where the problem started
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.