Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Visit adnauseam.io
Changelog: Releases · dhowe/AdNauseam · GitHub

upload_2017-7-21_16-11-34.png

Clicking on Ads, so you don't have to..
As online advertising becomes ever more ubiquitous and unsanctioned, AdNauseam works to complete the cycle by automating Ad clicks universally and blindly on behalf of its users. Built atop uBlock Origin, AdNauseam quietly clicks on every blocked ad, registering a visit on ad networks' databases. As the collected data gathered shows an omnivorous click-stream, user tracking, targeting and surveillance become futile.

AdNauseam is a free browser extension designed to obfuscate browsing data and protect users from tracking by advertising networks. At the same time, AdNauseam serves as a means of amplifying users' discontent with advertising networks that disregard privacy and facilitate bulk surveillance agendas.

AdNauseam joins a broader class of technical systems that attempt to serve ethical, political, and expressive ends. In light of the industry's failure to self-regulate or otherwise address the excesses of network tracking, AdNauseam allows individual users to take matters into their own hands, fighting back against unilateral surveillance.

Using AdNauseam, you can ask it to..
upload_2017-7-21_15-59-39.png

upload_2017-7-21_16-10-34.png upload_2017-7-21_16-11-2.png

Get AdNauseam here:

May conflict with existing Ad-blocker/ing software.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If it clicks for you, does that mean it lets you freely visit websites that require you to disable adblocker?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
*Just be aware the block WebRTC feature does not work.

But yes, this is a awesome creation. And if anyone thinks it isn't effective then Google would not have banned it.

- Just for the record it does not click ads in private mode.
WebRTC does work.

I disabled the WebRTC in uBlock Origin and enabled the one in AdNauseam and my ip address is not shown in WebRTC Detection when tested with a VPN at ipleak.net

:)

Last edited:

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
WebRTC does work.

I disabled the WebRTC in uBlock Origin and enabled the one in AdNeuseam and my ip address is not shown in WebRTC Detection when tested with a VPN at ipleak.net

:)
I got a different result, (FireFox Beta) so I would encourage all VPN users to test it.

If it does fail, an add-on called Privacy Settings is really cool. It allows you to easily change built in privacy settings such as WebRTC and Canvas Fingerprinting

Reactions: harlan4096

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, some questions now

AdNauseam uses the same filters (but less) as uBlock Origin

1) Should I remove uBlock Origin or disable the same filters in uBlock Origin leaving those which are not available in AdNauseam?
2) Any websites to test AdNauseam for ads? I have uBlock Origin/Nano Defender/Poper Blocker disabled

:rolleyes:

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
Ok, some questions now

AdNauseam uses the same filters (but less) as uBlock Origin

1) Should I remove uBlock Origin or disable the same filters in uBlock Origin leaving those which are not available in AdNauseam?
2) Any websites to test AdNauseam for ads?

:rolleyes:
Can I use AdNauseam with my current adblocker?
It is possible, but since your adblocker will likely block some, or all, of the Ads AdNauseam is collecting, this is NOT recommended. For the best experience, you should disable other adblockers while using AdNauseam.

FAQ · dhowe/AdNauseam Wiki · GitHub

You should get a couple on Salon or CNN .

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Can I use AdNauseam with my current adblocker?
It is possible, but since your adblocker will likely block some, or all, of the Ads AdNauseam is collecting, this is NOT recommended. For the best experience, you should disable other adblockers while using AdNauseam.

You should get a couple on Salon or CNN .
No ads on cnn . I have uBlock Origin/Nano Defender/Poper Blocker/ScriptSafe disabled

Ok, found some ads here

HardwareZone.com.sg | Product reviews | Technology News | Blogs

Eat-Drink-Man-Woman - See 10 ads detected and Clicked 10 in action

S'pore Seen - See 2 ads detected and Clicked 2 in action

Razer - For Gamers. By Gamers. - See 3 ads detected and Clicked 3 in action

Edit - Re-enabled ALL extensions. Disabled the filters in uBlock Origin which are the same as in AdNauseam

Note

Does AdNauseam respect the browser's private-browsing/incognito modes?

Yes, AdNauseam does not collect or click Ads that occur on pages loaded in private-browsing or incognito windows.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Downloaded it in my Nightly (Basilisk, it's Firefox 55) here...

Number on the icon is 0 always (why?..) - "view Ad Vault: 0; Alert: no ads collected on this page", but ads are blocked; 2 notifications would like to show up; WebRTC are not disabled (I've notched to disable...)... (- but don't worry, cause I use Disable WebRTC add-on, which works flawlessly).
- on this test website from HarborFront post: Eat-Drink-Man-Woman

... nano Adblocker block all (17 number is show) ads, Adaware Ad Block block all (6) ads and invitation to notifications too. On this test website.
Each adblocker worked alone, others were disabled during this test...and Policy Control disabled too.
To check WebRTC, I've used whoer.net: How to find and check my IP address

I don't have used VPN nor proxy.

So this is my problem with this add-on: don't Display the number of Ads on the icon. ( yes, I notched this).

EDIT:
User comment on FF page:
Not displaying amount of ads blocked/not clicking

I really like the concept of this add on but the main distinction of it doesn't work. It's essentially purple ublock for me on all my devices. When I click the icon it says 0 clicked/0 ads detected and the number next to the icon is always 0. The advault is of course empty at all times too. It does seem to block most ads though, so I don't have much reason to use ublock anymore.

I've looked around through the very narrow amount of resources for troubleshooting on the web and nothing of use was found. If the devs could tell me what could be going wrong that would be great. I'm using firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) and adnauseam 3.3.403

v3.4.103 update: Nothing changed, updated firefox on android as well and no indication of it clicking, same performance as before on PC
- by Colonel Kernel

Developer response

Re: Not displaying amount of ads blocked/not clicking
Would you mind trying the new version, available on github at: Release Release v3.4.1 · dhowe/AdNauseam · GitHub (and soon to be on Mozilla)
thanks

To test effectively (and test ads before all, with your adblocker!..) - use this TEST website:
on linearpublishing.com: All Ads Simutaneously: All Ads Simutaneously

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Downloaded it in my Nightly (Basilisk, it's Firefox 55) here...

Number on the icon is 0 always (why?..) - "view Ad Vault: 0; Alert: no ads collected on this page", but ads are blocked; 2 notifications would like to show up; WebRTC are not disabled (I've notched to disable...)... (- but don't worry, cause I use Disable WebRTC add-on, which works flawlessly).
- on this test website from HarborFront post: Eat-Drink-Man-Woman

... nano Adblocker block all (17 number is show) ads, Adaware Ad Block block all (6) ads and invitation to notifications too. On this test website.
Each adblocker worked alone, others were disabled during this test...and Policy Control disabled too.
To check WebRTC, I've used whoer.net: How to find and check my IP address

I don't have used VPN nor proxy.

So this is my problem with this add-on: don't Display the number of Ads on the icon. ( yes, I notched this).

EDIT:
User comment on FF page:
Not displaying amount of ads blocked/not clicking

I really like the concept of this add on but the main distinction of it doesn't work. It's essentially purple ublock for me on all my devices. When I click the icon it says 0 clicked/0 ads detected and the number next to the icon is always 0. The advault is of course empty at all times too. It does seem to block most ads though, so I don't have much reason to use ublock anymore.

I've looked around through the very narrow amount of resources for troubleshooting on the web and nothing of use was found. If the devs could tell me what could be going wrong that would be great. I'm using firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) and adnauseam 3.3.403

v3.4.103 update: Nothing changed, updated firefox on android as well and no indication of it clicking, same performance as before on PC
- by Colonel Kernel

Developer response

Re: Not displaying amount of ads blocked/not clicking
Would you mind trying the new version, available on github at: Release Release v3.4.1 · dhowe/AdNauseam · GitHub (and soon to be on Mozilla)
thanks

To test effectively (and test ads before all, with your adblocker!..) - use this TEST website:
on linearpublishing.com: All Ads Simutaneously: All Ads Simutaneously

AdNauseam cannot work in Incognito/Private Browsing mode. It needs the history to function. You must NOT enable ' Never Remember History'. You can, however, set the various items in history to be removed upon exiting the browser (in FF Quantum) or use an extension to do that like 'Auto History Wipe' in Chrome

Also, AdNauseam working fine on my android smartphone running FF Quantum

Note

Does AdNauseam respect the browser's private-browsing/incognito modes?

Yes, AdNauseam does not collect or click Ads that occur on pages loaded in private-browsing or incognito windows.

FYI, AdNauseam is not blocking any ads here. Only uBlock Origin blocks the ads

All Ads Simutaneously : All Ads Simutaneously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.