jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
My Adguard is always running in the background

Did you enable 'Adguard Autostart'?
I mean when I bring up the running apps and close all of them with a single cilck, is it possible to start Adguard in the background automatically? Like a service etc.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I mean when I bring up the running apps and close all of them with a single cilck, is it possible to start Adguard in the background automatically? Like a service etc.
Maybe you have another VPN service running concurrently? Adguard needs to activate and use the VPN service

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Maybe you have another VPN service running concurrently? Adguard needs to activate and use the VPN service
I think you didn't get my point. When you long click on the left button of android phones it shows up a list of running apps on your phone, and when you choose to close all running apps, it closes Adguard too. I do this regularly to extend battery life. But this also means that i should enable protection of Adguard again. So I was looking for an alternative so that Adguard runs in the background even then, or automatically starts to run in background.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I think you didn't get my point. When you long click on the left button of android phones it shows up a list of running apps on your phone, and when you choose to close all running apps, it closes Adguard too. I do this regularly to extend battery life. But this also means that i should enable protection of Adguard again. So I was looking for an alternative so that Adguard runs in the background even then, or automatically starts to run in background.
This looks like a bug. It shouldn't happen this way.
Do you have any battery saving apps? If so then maybe those apps might be causing issues.
Also make sure you have not set to "Don't keep activities" in developer settings.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I only have one button on the front side of my Samsung Note 4. No left or right buttons

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Would this be the official Google app that you're searching with per chance? (That would include the Google search bar located at the top of your tablet.)

I use Adguard Premium on my smartphone and ads also appear when using Google's official app to search. I haven't found a way to remove them.
The way around this is to remove said search bar (if you can), go into widgets, find Chrome's (or whatever browser you use) search bar widget and put that there instead. Then it'll search via Chrome instead of Google's own app and ads will be filtered.
(y):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.