Advice Request Advertisers Getting Around Adblockers?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
My adblockers work on all sites except this one. Anyone got any idea why it does not work on the Chicago Tribune website? Thanks
Try my filters configuration as shown in the pic in my previous post. Clear the cache then restart your browser. See if it makes any difference.

Edit: Just realized that you're using Adguard and uBo at the same time. Just use one of them. The ads appear probably because those adblockers conflicting with each other.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Try my filters configuration as shown in the pic in my previous post. Clear the cache then restart your browser. See if it makes any difference.

Edit: Just realized that you're using Adguard and uBo at the same time. Just use one of them. The ads appear probably because those adblockers conflicting with each other.

Did that but same results. My Android Opera browser blocks them. Thanks.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_26.png
    Screenshot_26.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_27.png
    Screenshot_27.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 353

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm which ads?..

I don't see ads:
- in Firefox 52.7.3 have Policy Control (stopped 8 items) and before all: 3PRB (stopped 16, digit "16" on the icon) on "Mueller told..." page.
- in first Nightly (Basilisk) have Policeman, so all 3rd party requests are blocked...
- in another Nightly (Basilisk) have Policy Control and 3P Request Blocker too, so nothing, no ads...

- on "Go anime" nothing is animated here, with these add-ons, extensions.

- you see, I don't use signatures, but request blockers here...
All signatures based solutions are outdated, obsolete, old-fashioned, I think...

EDIT:
I see now, that I use too on my all Chrome forks (Slimjet, Cent, Iron) ZenMate Web Firewall, which is forked from uBlock Origin...it's this one which block ads on my Chrome forks...so no ads.

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hmm which ads?..

I don't see ads:
- in Firefox 52.7.3 have Policy Control (stopped 8 items) and before all: 3PRB (stopped 16, digit "16" on the icon) on "Mueller told..." page.
- in first Nightly (Basilisk) have Policeman, so all 3rd party requests are blocked...
- in another Nightly (Basilisk) have Policy Control and 3P Request Blocker too, so nothing, no ads...

- on "Go anime" nothing is animated here, with these add-ons, extensions.

- you see, I don't use signatures, but request blockers here...
All signatures based solutions are outdated, obsolete, old-fashioned, I think...

Look at the second picture on the post #26.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Great you found a solution (y) But I still find it strange that others with uBlock Origin or AdGuard on a windows computer didn't see those ads...
Ditto. Might be the Chrome OS but shouldn't be. New OS update coming this month so I'll see if that has a fix. Obvious that site is running script based adverts.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Adguard blocked it
you can enable to turn on auto filters. than adguard will dl most imortand filters for your websites which you surfing to make you more safe.

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_sobota, 7 kwietnia 2018_01h39m28s_002_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_sobota, 7 kwietnia 2018_01h39m28s_002_.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 315
  • Ashampoo_Snap_sobota, 7 kwietnia 2018_01h39m48s_003_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_sobota, 7 kwietnia 2018_01h39m48s_003_.png
    714.5 KB · Views: 233

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
To best testing, try rather All Ads Simutaneously: linearpublishing.com/: All Ads Simutaneously

On this test, I have "Okay okay You win!" and Anne Shirley, so two picture ads, and 3+3 texts.
- with defenses I've described above (in Firefox and FF forks).
- ZenMate Web Firewall ( it's build on uBlock O.) in Slimjet, Cent and Iron Chrome forks.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.