Battle Advice on my config please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Right! I'm currently using Bitdefender internet security 2014 at max settings, I've got the IDS turned on and at the max level, same for active virus control, Virus scanner is set highest setting and the firewall in on paranoid mode. I've also protected the settings with a password.

Right I'm considering changing my config, but I tend to be a little indecisive. So please make a choice on the poll and leave a comment if you wish.

Thanks in advance guys.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
I would go with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014 and another firewall.I'm using Outpost Firewall with Bitdefender AV+ 2014.It works great.
I replaced Bitdefender IS with Bitdefender AV+ because of well known bug with it.
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=42438

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Thanks Nedim. Yeah I saw that bug. I'm thinking of using Comodo firewall with an AV for the zeroday protection provided by the hips and sandbox. I'm not a careless internet user or anything I just like to cover my ass. Thanks for the comment.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I've installed BDAV+ with Comodo firewall. I'll see how this runs but I'll no doubt get bored again soon.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Thanks spirit, I went with BDAV+ mainly because I love the web filter. Now I've got conflicts with Comodo fw and Emet lol.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
ZeroDay said:
Thanks spirit, I went with BDAV+ mainly because I love the web filter. Now I've got conflicts with Comodo fw and Emet lol.

If you are fan of web filter try Trend Micro that is awesome.
Emsisoft had good web filter too.

Actually my experience with bitdefender is always bad so maybe I am partial in this case :D

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Haha. Thanks again Spirit, I will probably have tried all 4 of the configs before the end of next month lol.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Spirit said:
ZeroDay said:

If you are fan of web filter try Trend Micro that is awesome.

That is very true. One of the most powerful web filters out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.