Advise after Clean Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
HI, just did a fresh reinstall after a system crash. I have so far re-installed Avast IS version 8, MBAM Pro, Keyscrambler and Sandboxie.

I have not reinstalled at the moment Winpatrol or Secunia PSI.

My browsers Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 have only got the new Avast Adblocker but I am not sure how good/stable this is.

Any help to fine tune the security on my PC would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andy

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
What caused the crash?

Sandboxie would be a good addition. :D

I caused the crash deleting too much in a spring clean.

Have aleady got Sandboxie but to to expand on its usage as I only use it when browsing at the moment.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
sYSTEM CRASH BECAUSE OF aVAST 8 BETA BRO..!!!! Yes, Its for Avast..!! Me also Face this..!!! Remove avast 8 because this is not fully tuanable..!!!!!! OR go to system restore..!!!

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Akash209 said:
sYSTEM CRASH BECAUSE OF aVAST 8 BETA BRO..!!!! Yes, Its for Avast..!! Me also Face this..!!! Remove avast 8 because this is not fully tuanable..!!!!!! OR go to system restore..!!!

No, nothing to do with Avast - I havent really had any major issues, just a couple of bugs here and there.

Did a clear out of old files etc and must have deleted one to do with Keyscrambler and then when I re-started I couldnt log on as Keyscrambler encrypts logon info too. NOT an Keyscrambler issue but my own fault for using deletion programs.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
AMD1 said:
Akash209 said:

No, nothing to do with Avast - I havent really had any major issues, just a couple of bugs here and there.

Did a clear out of old files etc and must have deleted one to do with Keyscrambler and then when I re-started I couldnt log on as Keyscrambler encrypts logon info too. NOT an Keyscrambler issue but my own fault for using deletion programs.

my responce on comment about these..!1 I comment because his happen with me also.!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 178

check my guide : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-increase-responsiveness-of-your-Windows-system

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi Bo.elam, yes I managed to do it ok and the program ran but It wouldnt delete from the Sandbox when I pressed "delete sandbox contents".

I had to restart my pc.

I woulnt mind knowing which programs are commonly Sandboxed at all times. I think emails would be one, but not sure what else really.

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Bo, thanks everso much. I have started with Sandboxing my email which I have done. I have created the new Sandbox and the only configuration I have made is to force Windows Live Mail when opened. Shouold I set to auto delete the Sandbox.
The other query I have is that when I run WLM outside the Sandbox after I have deleted the email Sandbox, all of the emails received whilst in the Sandbox are there also when WLM is run un-sandboxed - I cant see the point if it goes into the sandboxed email and also in the un-sandboxed version or am I missing something ?. I think I followed the instructions on the SboxIE website properly.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.