adware generic

nsajnat

Thread author
Oct 18, 2013
Not sure whether the F-Secure has blocked the spyware or just detected it.
Have tried to delete/move the file that it is in according to F-secure but it says that I need permission to do this. Have tried to change owner to all possible owners in properties/security/advanced/owner, but it makes no difference.
Would really appreciate some advice on how to get rid of the corrupted file.

nsajnat

Thread author
Oct 18, 2013
kuttus said:
Do you know the name and location of the infected files?

Yes, it is stated on the f-secure pop up - it is in Data (D:)/users/downloads, and it is only one file.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Okay. Goto that location and Delete that File and Do one more scan using f-secure. Let me know after that,

nsajnat

Thread author
Oct 18, 2013
kuttus said:
Okay. Goto that location and Delete that File and Do one more scan using f-secure. Let me know after that,

When I try to delete the file it says access denied, you'll need administrator permission to delete this file.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.