Guide | How To Adware Removal Guide

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

My name is Malware Blocker & this is my Adware Removal Guide for 2017!

Here is a list of tools used/that I have recommended for Adware, Crapware, Junkware & PUP removal :)

MalwareBytes Junkware Removal Tool:
Junkware Removal Tool

MalwareBytes AdwCleaner:
AdwCleaner

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware:
Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

Ultra Adware Killer:
Ultra Adware Killer

Zemana Anti-Malware:
Zemana - AntiMalware protection and browser cleaner

HitmanPro:
HitmanPro Malware Scanner: Secondary Antivirus Scanning Tool | Download HitmanPro

Ccleaner:
CCleaner - Free Download or try CCleaner Professional - Piriform

AutoRuns:
Autoruns for Windows

IOBit Uninstaller:
IObit Uninstaller, Best Uninstall Tool for Your PC - IObit

ESET Online Scanner:
Online Malware Detection

Kaspersky Security Scan:
Kaspersky Removal Tool 2015

Kaspersky Rescue Disk:
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

Bitdefender Rescue Disk:
How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD

Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool:
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC - Free Browser Hijacker Remover

AdwareMedic:
AdwareMedic

Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner:
Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit: Portable malware scanner | Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers and Trojans

DrWeb CureIt:
Dr.Web CureIt! — download free anti-virus! Cure viruses, Best free anti-virus scanner!

Emsisoft Internet Security:
Emsisoft Internet Security

XVirus Personal Guard/Cleaner:
Xvirus Personal Guard

Norton Power Eraser:
Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

Thanks for watching :) Please feel free to leave any feedback down below :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Not so good video. It should be than better.

1. First you should disable Startup applictions with Msconfig or Task Manager or CCleaner (Tools->Startup).
  2. Then boot in Safe Mode
  3. Run this tools Rkill and run HitmanPro in Force Breach Mode
  4. Then run other tools
  5. ...

This way you doing double things when malware is set to run every time you restart PC.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Great video.

HitmanPro Download from bleepingcomputer old HitmanPro (in your video) ???

HitmanPro Malware Scanner: Secondary Antivirus Scanning Tool | Download HitmanPro new HitmanPro ???

Error on Bleepingcomputer ?!
Clipboard01.jpg

W

Wave

Thread author
The file description is the same however there is a difference in file size, therefore it appears that either the version in the second screenshot has been pumped (e.g. null bytes to boost the file size - very unlikely) or just contains more code, which implies that the one from the first screenshot is outdated, even if the version number is the same (or appears to be).

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I just my 2 cents
- scan with zemana, Custom scan of C: drive
- perform adwclener and JRT
those should clean up to 90% those adwares, no need for other apps
then if something still persists, use iobit uninstaller :)
Everything search engine can be used to quickly search for leftovers

I don't like HMP cuz it's a paid/trial product

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for all the feedback & different view/opinions but as a response to this:

Not so good video. It should be than better.

1. First you should disable Startup applictions with Msconfig or Task Manager or CCleaner (Tools->Startup).
  2. Then boot in Safe Mode
  3. Run this tools Rkill and run HitmanPro in Force Breach Mode
  4. Then run other tools
  5. ...

This way you doing double things when malware is set to run every time you restart PC.

Yes I could have gone into Safe Mode but the whole idea of the video was to be a guide of how to remove Adware just using applications without going into Safe Mode - many inexperienced users cannot reach Safe Mode, some are even scared too :)

I understand your point but considering that I was able to pretty much clean the system without booting into Safe Mode I think the video is fine how it is. This video also took 4+ hours to make - 1 hour to record, 1 hour to script, 1 hour to record the audio, 1 hour ish to edit.... I'm not going to remake it just for one person.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Thanks for all the feedback & different view/opinions but as a response to this:

1.many inexperienced users cannot reach Safe Mode, some are even scared too :)

I understand your point but considering that I was able to pretty much clean the system without booting into Safe Mode I think the video is fine how it is. 2.This video also took 4+ hours to make - 1 hour to record, 1 hour to script, 1 hour to record the audio, 1 hour ish to edit.... I'm not going to remake it just for one person.

1.Safe boot is so easy, you should show them/teach them so they know (purpose of video is to people learn something)
Two pictures to go in safe mode:
Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

2.If you had done in the SAFE MODE finished it much sooner (15-20min)

Reactions: Svoll
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Britec a Youtuber with 151000 subscribers didn't go into Safe Mode either:

Yes I could have gone into Safe Mode but if you can clean your PC without booting into Safe Mode then there's no need to go into Safe Mode. This is my opinion, you have yours - I understand your point but am just saying that there is no need to go into Safe Mode.

Reactions: Venustus and Svoll

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.