Guide | How To Adware Removal Guide

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
You can add Reason Core Security scanner and 7-Lab Scanner.

Although go to the aggressive ones that can deal to remove majority of remnants.

But the best way is been mentioned on using JRT, FRST and Adwcleaner. Let MBAM and Hitman Pro as your secondary line to scan for possible leftovers.

Never heard of 7-Lab Scanner. Do you mean, 9-Lab? If so, I've seen it being used frequently in the past in the AII section over at BC and it isn't that effective. Not worth using in my opinion.

Edit: Also, throwing a lot of scanners at an infected system is a "Meh" way of doing. You don't need to use Rescue CDs at all for simple adware. In fact, I've never been in a situation where a Rescue CD is needed.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
You forgot Xvirus :'(

He didn't forget Xvirus, he was just waiting for the portable release ;):D

Nice guides, I wish these were available to me when I first made my transition from MAC to PC about half a year ago.

I voted yes regarding being infected, i am still a young penguin, Improving my PC skills everyday by reading and watching informative post here on MT.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Never heard of 7-Lab Scanner. Do you mean, 9-Lab? If so, I've seen it being used frequently in the past in the AII section over at BC and it isn't that effective. Not worth using in my opinion.

Edit: Also, throwing a lot of scanners at an infected system is a "Meh" way of doing. You don't need to use Rescue CDs at all for simple adware. In fact, I've never been in a situation where a Rescue CD is needed.
It's true a Rescue CD is unnecessary but could be helpful if the system was extremely slow, etc.

herdProtect should be worth mentioned. It uses 68 virus scanners including their reasoncore engine, which is great against PUPs :cool:
Thanks for mentioning this ;)

He didn't forget Xvirus, he was just waiting for the portable release ;):D

Nice guides, I wish these were available to me when I first made my transition from MAC to PC about half a year ago.
Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

My mistake it is 9-Lab, attempted to recall the product as possible without research. :D

Yes the program can be mediocre but not a bad list to add on your second opinion.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Great video, i love to see how you're improving and you're so enthusiastic about your work. Always keep listening to our guys in the Hub, you'll recieve the best advices from them. Keep it up!

Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Great video, i love to see how you're improving and you're so enthusiastic about your work. Always keep listening to our guys in the Hub, you'll recieve the best advices from them. Keep it up!
Thanks & don't worry I will :)

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.