Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi ,

I used AdWCleaner earlier and it was a very good tool.

Today I got some ASK bar infection ( campe with Nero Lite :( ) and wanted to remove. So i downloaded adwcleaner and found it's tagged as malicious by chrome.

Any thought on that? Is it still safe?

S

Sr. Normal

I do not understand , I do allow it smoothly

AMxgnwF.png

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ,

I used AdWCleaner earlier and it was a very good tool.

Today I got some ASK bar infection ( campe with Nero Lite :( ) and wanted to remove. So i downloaded adwcleaner and found it's tagged as malicious by chrome.

Any thought on that? Is it still safe?
Hi! @Anupam Here is a excellent program to remove the ASK tool bar and other annoying tool bars plus other unwanted crap!;)
It's used by many help forums and is safe!! I use it all the time here at Golden Oaks
http://thisisudax.org/

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi! @Anupam Here is a excellent program to remove the ASK tool bar and other annoying tool bars plus other unwanted crap!;)
It's used by many help forums and is safe!! I use it all the time here at Golden Oaks
http://thisisudax.org/

Thanks you.

I already cleaned it through adwcleaner.

1st Emsisoft cleaned few,
Then ADWCleaner did almost rest
At last scanned with Hitman pro and manually deleted rest of two left over registry keys ;)

I will try this new one too. I hate toolbars.

Reactions: frogboy and yigido

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
PcrDxUu.png

Confirmed also to happen on my GC, so clearly False Positive. Report it to Google Webmaster Tools or StopBadware.Org where they can removed for 24 hours upon review. ;)

Reactions: donetao

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google Chrome also blocked my download, I just briefly turned off malware protection in Google Chrome's settings
No need to deactivate security features in Chrome, you can restore deleted files in 2-clicks. See @Sr. Normal post.

@Anupam Why did you install Ask Toolbar?

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
No need to deactivate security features in Chrome, you can restore deleted files in 2-clicks. See @Sr. Normal post.

@Anupam Why did you install Ask Toolbar?

One of my gave me one CD to write one document. I tried with Win8.1 inbuilt writing software but it was confusing.

So I installed Nero BurnLite 10 which by default installed Ask Toolbar though I have optout every option I can.

P.S. - I have downloaded adwcleaner with IE and removed the Ask Bar infection

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.