Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
311s779.jpg

AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for :

Adware (ads softwares)
PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)
Toolbars
Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)
It works with a Search and Delete mode. It can be easily uninstalled using the mode "Uninstall".

It's compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 in 32 & 64 bits.

Important note : We were warned by a comment that the SmartScreen filter in Internet Explorer blocks the download of AdwCleaner. This is obviously a false alarm... If you encounter this problem, check out this article to see how to successfully download AdwCleaner.

Click here to download AdwCleaner

Home page

indianduke

Mar 2, 2013
I downloaded the program and scanned my computerand got a list. However I only want to delete all associated with conduit. If I hit delete will adwcleaner wipe out all that was on the list. 11pages

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I personally do not like this tool. There are so many better options to remove toolbars, adware, etc.

IObit Uninstaller is much better to remove toolbars, it deletes registry keys, files and folders automatically.
There are many products that can remove the others like MBAM, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Microsoft Safety Scanner, online scanners, etc.

Thanks.:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes Littlebits, I think so ..

Remove toolbars with these free on-demand softwares I used:

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolbands, Toolbar icons and Browser Helper Objects : ToolbarCop home page: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

ToolBar S&D.en : Eric71 tool Home page : https://sites.google.com/site/eric71mespages/toolbarsd.en

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.