After 7+ years i've stopped using Chrome

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
The ram usage, the constant slows and freezes, the lag when i was on youtube are so annoying. And all this was keep getting worse. Chrome did a great start and it was really smooth, light and all that, that's why i started using it. But now its the complete opposite. So i ditched it and started using Firefox. Its actually very good and the feature it has when you are on youtube for example, where you can drag the video and watch it no matter the tab you are , oh wow its super helpful.
I've also imported the bookmarks from Chrome, added Ublock and Malwarebytes and im good to go!
I'm really impressed by Firefox atm and i would like to tell you to give it a try.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
when you are on youtube for example, where you can drag the video and watch it no matter the tab you are , oh wow its super helpful.
You can use Yandex browser if you want this feature.
You should never ever use Firefox. horrible security+ not good bug bounty like chromium+ reputable security researchers work on chrome /chromium(like 360 team) but none of them works around FF so it's possible that ff has bugs that not discovered yet. Chrome sandbox is 10x more advanced than the FF sandbox. ff is not an option for anyone who wants security.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You can use Yandex browser if you want this feature.
You should never ever use Firefox. horrible security+ not good bug bounty like chromium+ reputable security researchers work on chrome /chromium(like 360 team) but none of them works around FF so it's possible that ff has bugs that not discovered yet. Chrome sandbox is 10x more advanced than the FF sandbox. ff is not an option for anyone who wants security.
Funny comment :LOL:

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Curiously, i don't suffer any of the problem you had; and security-wise, FF is still behind.
Nothing is bulletproof and i think you know it. Even if im using Chrome which is more safe, i can still get infected by a security hole.

Thats funny, firefox is a lot slower and uses way more resources than chrome
Not in my pc apparently 👀

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
Yandex has ceased to develop its operating system for Android

Google prevents promote it among manufacturers of smartphones and tablets.

Inability to put its services on android affect the share of Yandex on the market in our country: for android devices at Russian users already exceeds by danym Yandex, 86%. Yandex search share in the year fell by 3.9% to 58.1% Google share rose by 6.5% to 34.1%.
Cons Yandex search

Captcha much bored. especially less dangerous for the USB-modem users. Yandex does not calm down after entering a code and prompts you to enter one. even highly pervasive nature get to the other part of Yandex, for example with the Ukrainian to Kazakhstan, the system will not let go. Will have to settle for the version of your country.
Cons Yandex Mail

• No formatting toolbar when writing letters
  • little language interfaces

Yandex drawback may be noted a large amount of content that can distract the user from the search for the right information, cluttering the page results that will not always be the same tendencies Helpful planned in Google Bing or mail ru.

Another disadvantage of search engines is the frequent mismatch results search of requests created to achieve more accurate results person has to isolated additional search operators and use their own methods to convert phrases so that the system gave more favorable figures in.

Due to the specifics of each searching system can combine the use of several searchers. due to the orientation on Russian Yandex search engine users better handle commercial inquiries or services have in a particular region. Google worse than the search for information, which is associated with russian companies, but it is better displays the results for the requests for information that corresponds to its original specificity. Google originally planned like information service.

Weaknesses Yandex Browser
Users who have already used new browser, expressed mixed views. along with positive characteristic , Yandex Browser cut off share of criticism. Active users reviews RuNet expressed dissatisfaction on this occasion, consisted primarily in the following:
Interface
Address bar, encircled by a bright yellow outline seems too bright. however you can get rid of the frame by going to the settings Yandex brauzer. generally to a series of minimalist ideology users reacted positively. in their opinion, in other browsers do have unnecessary buttons and bookmarks.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
To some extent, I guess browsers are sort of like antiviurs in that one size doesn't fit all. Nice to have lots of choices there.

Firefox was my favorite donation-ware. Now I run Edge.old in Windows 2004 and it's adequate. I'd go back to Moz before Chrome any day, though.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
That's true i switched to FF from Chrome a few years ago when i visit facebook or twitter on Chrome i was scrolling that was lagging i thought it was my PC lmao so i moved to FF i was like oh my god i love FF lel, tbh i switch it twice i dont know why maybe it was my PC problem...

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Google dev's and tester have rewritten the book on reuse (be humble use what is already available) and (automated) testing. Google has the lowest bugs per 1000 lines of code (at least of the companies which have a QA process and share their testing data results), they are leading in (automated) regression testing and re-use of code and corresponding unit testing for system, acceptance and production tests.

Combined with the good bug bounty program it is hard to find a company building software with less bugs and higher code quality than Google. Although not a 1-on-1 iron casted relation, better code reuse and better regression testing should result in safer software (less unknown bugs which could be exploited). As far as I know, Edge-chromium is the only contender here, because of the tricks Microsoft applies (pre-loading Edge) and integration with Windows Defender exploit protection (by enabling Code Integrity Guard for Edge) and option in Windows 10 Pro and higher to run Edge sandboxed (virtualized) with Windows Device Application Guard.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Curiously, i don't suffer any of the problem you had; and security-wise, FF is still behind.

I recently tried FF due to the impending manifest 3 fiasco. It is running quite well on my home PC, but on my work laptop Chrome is far an away the winner.

Maybe I should just use Chromium but agreed that overall, Chrome is better security wise. Performance of each in my experience is on a case by case basis.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Using Edge Chromium myself but that's more because WD is my primary FW & AV at the moment and I don't have Pro version so can't use Microsoft extension in other browsers. I've been looking at Brave but had the misconceive it was a paid for browser, I guess not. Might have to give it a go at some point.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It's been three or four years since I've used Chrome, my first choice is Firefox and Yandex is the second one. In terms of security and privacy, which is the best option?
They both have sync not related to Google. They both offer an encrypted DNS, Firefox uses DoH and Yandex uses DNScrypt.
When you look at the comparison, it might seem, that Yandex offers more, but that is mostly done by 3rd party extensions.

Yandex might have some security features worth using (Protected mode), but I chose it, because I like its GUI more, my second choice would be Firefox. Then again, in the terms of privacy, I think Firefox is a better choice. You can not even save bookmarks in Yandex, unless you sign in.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.