Troubleshoot After backup, ''Windows didn't load correctly'' message.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC has become slow.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Restarted pc but again same message.
I recover my PC with macrium reflect before boot option. After recovery i click on reboot option but windows didn't load correctly.

D

Deleted member 178

That is not a fair comparison, you have to include time and PC resources required for a backup as well, like CPU, RAM, disk space, etc.
- Full backup of a highly customized 30gb win10 system = ~5-10mn.
Restore = ~5mn

- Incremental backup = ~1-2mn.

I'm a Q&A/software tester, I do 10-20 restore a day, if i had to do clean install every time, i wont have time for even sleeping...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Please... When a clean install + OS customizations will take 5mn, call me...

Clean install as say its name is for getting a CLEAN system, it is no way near as fast and convenient as a restore.
I rather take 30 min. to clean install, than 2h to try and solve any issue due to backups (which happen often).

Plus there's no OS customizations to be done, if you not using ADK, you already doing it wrong.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

I rather take 30 min. to clean install, than 2h to try and solve any issue due to backups (which happen often).
restore failure is a particular case, and me too i dont waste 2h to diagnostic the failure, i just clean install.
in normal situation, you cant deny that restores are simpler and faster.

Plus there's no OS customizations to be done, if you not using ADK, you already doing it wrong.
Wrong why?
Windows out-of-the-box just suxx.
lol no customizations, maybe for you, i have plenty of tweaks to tighten Win10 security, privacy and increase responsiveness.
good for you if you use barebone Win10, me? never.

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Not if you have a lot of things on your PC or if your PC is a workstation PC.
None of them a concern if you use ADK, which should be used specially in workstations.

As I said before, backups tend to cause more issues than not, I rather save myself the trouble and just clean install.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I keep more then one full system image, so that if I get a bad insider build, I can just go back to an older version. I have never had a failure with MR. But to each their own. Years ago I always formatted and reinstalled windows until I found MR. It is way faster to restore an image then to reinstall everything. That is just me.

Upvote 0

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I have to reset my PC. I installed EaseUS todo backup it didn't make boot iso file one but installing again it made iso. Should I keep it or remove it?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.