Security News Aggressive Campaign Compromises Websites to Deliver Ransomware and Financial Malware

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share our latest security alert, which includes details on an aggressive campaign involving RIG exploit kit that spreads Cerber ransomware and the Panda Trojan Banker (distributed according to geographical location).

You can find all the details here: https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/security-alert-compromised-websites-ransomware-financial-malware/

Once again, the importance of updates and multi-layered protection comes up (as always). I feel like a broken record emphasizing this, but I think we all need to keep pushing this message out there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.