Aillas's config

Aillas

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 20, 2014
My ESET licence ends and I consider using of Kaspersky IS, Emsisoft IS or Qihoo 360 TS. Any suggestions to this decision or to my configuration will be appreciated. Thanks. (I'm totally inexperienced in IT security)

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Looks good.:)
I would sincerely request you to get a backup solution, either windows default backup or third party solutions like Aomei,Macrium reflect(free) so that in case of malware infection/sytem breakdown you can restore it to a backed up image in no time.

Also, are you using Malwarebytes and Zemana realtime side-by-side? Usually, it is not recommended to run security products of the same kind with overlapping protection as it might be the source of some conflict. I would suggest you turn real-time protection off for one of them and use it as an on demand scanner.

Please consider using a secure third party password manager as well (ignore this if you are memorizing them :p) for management and encryption of sensitive information.

Lastly,Keep the OS and software up-to-date.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Aillas

maanastr

Level 4
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
My ESET licence ends and I consider using of Kaspersky IS, Emsisoft IS or Qihoo 360 TS. Any suggestions to this decision or to my configuration will be appreciated. Thanks. (I'm totally inexperienced in IT security)

All three are excellent. If you want to purchase then I think you have to go with Kaspersky IS as Emsi is heavy on system otherwise Qihoo 360 ( with Avira engine enabled) is free and strong alternative to paid.;).. choice is yours :)

And one more thing try Ublock origin instead of adguard

Reactions: Aillas and Rishi

Aillas

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks for your advice. If two altimalwares are a problem, one of them will go to wife's PC, where is none at the moment.

I just bought two lifetime licences of Adguard, so I assume that no browser extensions are no longer needed. Am I right?

Reactions: Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Of course, adguard desktop should suffice all the average browsing needs, rest is your own choice in adding extensions for enhancing feature-set and customization. Use only reliable ones and it is a good idea to double check before adding any unknown extensions.

Reactions: Aillas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
My experience with Windows 10 is that both KIS 2016 & EIS 11 run perfectly.
Free options as stated above by @Inkurax
Consider some type of system back up solution
With ESS MBAM & ZAM would work as on demand scanners and lighten the load
I have a Trial ESS that expires in June I beleive.I will send it to you and maybe try some other options in the meantime

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good, consider to have tools and stuffs on the category of scanners and extensions for browsers.

You may add CCEnhancer for improvement of cleaning range of CCleaner, just be cautious on deletion of passwords and other important logs that you need to access it.

Other than that, its already good configuration.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a backup solution may i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have reliable and good free version. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.