AirVPN leaking?

Discussion in 'VPN and Privacy' started by boredog, Dec 25, 2017.

1. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    #21 davisd, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    With location service on in Windows settings and AirVPN on, it also shows my real location in Weather.com when clicked section "FIND ME", and same for any browser if the webpage is granted my location access. I usually have location service disabled in Windows, as well as whenever webpage in EDGE requests my location in the meddle lower bottom, I click "No"
    chrome.PNG edge.PNG firefox.PNG

upnorth and Weebarra like this.
  2. Windows Defender Shill

Apr 28, 2017
    Alabama
    Windows 10
    Webroot
    *Not using AirVPN

But I opened Edge (private mode) with my VPN enabled and it never detected my real IP. And I do keep location services turned on Windows but NO default location.

In Windows settings, Privacy settings (location) I would make sure you don't have a default location set, and clear your location history.

upnorth likes this.
  3. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    ScreenHunter_85 Dec. 26 11.06.jpg Ok I think I have it. Besides turning off location in Windows privacy setting, I found the spot in Edge settings to clear a bunch of stuff and then set it to do it automatic when closing Edge.

davisd and upnorth like this.
  4. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Supermodel for McDonald's
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    So it's cookies and not leaking? They just grab it when you are off the vpn i guess.