AirVPN leaking?

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
With location service on in Windows settings and AirVPN on, it also shows my real location in Weather.com when clicked section "FIND ME", and same for any browser if the webpage is granted my location access. I usually have location service disabled in Windows, as well as whenever webpage in EDGE requests my location in the meddle lower bottom, I click "No"
chrome.PNG edge.PNG firefox.PNG

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Webroot
*Not using AirVPN

But I opened Edge (private mode) with my VPN enabled and it never detected my real IP. And I do keep location services turned on Windows but NO default location.

In Windows settings, Privacy settings (location) I would make sure you don't have a default location set, and clear your location history.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
ScreenHunter_85 Dec. 26 11.06.jpg
Ok I think I have it. Besides turning off location in Windows privacy setting, I found the spot in Edge settings to clear a bunch of stuff and then set it to do it automatic when closing Edge.

SHvFl

Level 34
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
View attachment 176926 Ok I think I have it. Besides turning off location in Windows privacy setting, I found the spot in Edge settings to clear a bunch of stuff and then set it to do it automatic when closing Edge.
So it's cookies and not leaking? They just grab it when you are off the vpn i guess.