Akschith bhagavatula's security configuration

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
Hi Everyone! I have stated every detail of my configuration to the best of my ability. As you can see , I am not a novice and have become experienced over time through using the internet ,advice from my Friends and other people I come across. While I have learnt a lot through this process, I would very much like to hear from you as the MalwareTips Community if you have any suggestions and recommendations to make. I am a open minded person and would love to learn and hear from you!! Please help me in making a really good security configuration that is not vulnerable and is pretty secure! Thank you and appreciate any comments!!!

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello
Your config is very strong but
  • Add more on-demand scanners example Zemana
  • Install LastPass
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
it is pretty good :D
a little addition from me, you might want to try AdwCleaner

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Your config looks good. Have you ever tried Privazer for better privacy. :)

Thanks for sharing. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good configuration. :)

Optional suggestion: Add a backup browser like Firefox and Opera if GC came with problems, extensions which is optimized already are Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Might consider lightening the browser extensions but it is a good config. Thanks for sharing it :)

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
Everyone Thank you so much for your input! Frogboy, this is my first time hearing about Privazer. I have always been told that Ccleaner was the way to go and verified it through Cnet and other similar websites. Privazer does look promising but will have to check if it has been extensively reviewed not that I don't trust you! Thanks for your input anyway Frogboy! It's always good to know something new.

FireShoot SK, I shall also see what Zemana really is. On a side note, I have heard about LastPass which is a very popular password manager. I usually save my passwords in chrome and rely on creating case sensitive passwords with Uppercase letters, Abstract symbols and numbers which i heard is a pretty good defense against hackers!

exterminator20,KaptainBug My intention is not to have an endless list of addons and do take your suggestion to heart but if I want the functionality afforded in my list of addons what do i do? On this very note jamescv7 , Adguard activates all kinds of filters automatically when i visit foreign websites being an avid anime fan. To top it off , if i chose more than 8 filters which i chose after looking through it list of filters, it warns me of slowly down significantly and it sure does. So, I basically balanced all the filters I wanted between BetaFish Adblocker and Adguard. My other concern is I HTTPS Everywhere and it was really destabilizing due to compatibility issues and I am now finally giving it a try after a long time and finally Feel Free to voice your opinion everyone and further enlighten me.:D

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On this very note jamescv7 , Adguard activates all kinds of filters automatically when i visit foreign websites being an avid anime fan. To top it off , if i chose more than 8 filters which i chose after looking through it list of filters, it warns me of slowly down significantly and it sure does. So, I basically balanced all the filters I wanted between BetaFish Adblocker and Adguard. My other concern is I HTTPS Everywhere and it was really destabilizing due to compatibility issues and I am now finally giving it a try after a long time and finally Feel Free to voice your opinion everyone and further enlighten me.:D

Well English Filter and Spyware Protection should be enough for you, and at default stage Adguard will activate more than filters so you need to manual it. ;)

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
For google chrome if you were given a choice of Adguard Adblocker, Betafish Adblocker and Ublock as of their current versions, which of these extensions would you personally chose to block ads. Everyone, please let me know your opinions so that I can decide once in and for all which extension to use! Thanks!

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
Can anyone recommend a good anti tracking tool like Disconnect and Ghostery for use as an extension on Google Chrome? I heard reports of both extensions being ineffective compared to what they claim. I have used both of them and can verify this claim in its entirety. If anyone has an idea, please do recommend! Thank you!

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
@Akschith Bhagavatula -> Did you try tinkering setting in ghostery to block everything. Completely hiding your presence on the web is not possible, unless you're Edward Snowden or an NSA spy.
Yes , I did tinker with Ghostery and tried to block everything but then later unblocked some widgets like Disqus and stuff. But what i found surprising is that whether you tinkered with the extension or not, ghostery is pretty incompatible with a lot of websites from my experience and therefore stopped using it!

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I just disabled blocking of dustil tracker on toms h/w and everything works fine for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.