Ashampoo Backup Pro 12
System recovery
Ashampoo Backup Pro 12

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Sophos Home Premium on my main laptop and I can say that I love it especially the web filter

Kaspersky & sophos use one of the most strongest heuristic to scan web traffic & trust me or not it's far superior than any database dependent response.Although, sophos has great database also & I hope kaspersky also will gain a good database as it has rolled a free version.

EEK takes too long to update because it is simply free; they try to force you into their paid stuff which I would never use.
emsisoft download speed ain't slow, rather its 'updates' works by downloading the changes since the last update, then decrypting and decrompressing the database files, merging the changes into them, and then reencrypting and recompressing them. When updates are installed, everything in the Quarantine is rescanned so that false positives can be automatically restored, which can cause extra disk usage.
The free version only opens one HTTP connection to the update server, so downloads one file at a time.With a Pro license it unlocks downloading up to 5 files simultaneously. this one is one distinct feature wrt the pro one.

Does ublock origin use too many ressources in the case of multi-tab browsing?

At this moment I'm using 8 tabs, adguard extension is using 95,608kb & ublock is using 69,716KB. Btw, ublock is running more filters than adguard. In case private browsing mode ublock runs another instance which will increase its resources usage.

They create quality products especially The DiskDefrag
I only use their disk defrag pro because of its efficiency & speed. I don't like boostspeed type of softwares, those are just snake oils.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
@Al-Faqir: please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version of KIS product You have installed.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, EmsiSoft Emergency Kit.
  • As for "Web Privacy", a VPN service.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :)

The problem with using of a VPN is that it slows down my internet connection considerably. Very high pings and slow download speed considering the country I live in. Any recommendations?

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.