DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Thanks for sharing you Security Config :)

Reactions: Logethica

Alikhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Emsisoft Anti-Malware as a on-demand scanner? do you mean Emsisoft Emergency Kit?.Thanks for sharing you security config with us.:)

No, when the 30 day trial is over it goes to freeware mode and I just use it as an on demand scanner.

After the trial period you can either choose to buy a full version license or switch to the limited freeware mode. The freeware mode still allows you to scan and clean infections, but it doesn't provide any real-time protection to guard against new infections. It's useful as a second opinion scanner but you should NEVER rely on the freeware mode as long term protection for your PC.

Alikhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Ok, I've removed Emsisoft Anti-Malware and just use the portable version of EEK now.

I've also installed Zemana Anti-Malware for on demand scans.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.