darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Super slow web surfing speed.
Websites won't load, infinite loop / stuck.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I told him to Restart hes modem / router, to execute a common flushdns. To set google IpV4 DNS to check if there was an issue with the ISP's own DNS. Clearing cache and cookies from all web browsers. Running Ccleaner.
Well this is an issue a friend of mine is trying to fix so I couldn't help him to sort it out.
So I'm looking for any piece of help you people can share with me.
My friend can't surf the internet properly, it will gets stuck 90% of the time just loading a website forever. There are not specific webs, it happens with all websites. Sometimes it will load up good just for a few seconds and then it will gets stuck again. The issue happens from Firefox, to IE and Chrome, all with same issue. The thing is he ran a pingtest.net and got A+ grade, with no issue on packet loss, latency or anything. He can play games with no issues, the internet works good for any other window based application. But when it comes to surf the web with any web browser, it will be stuck forever loading pages for 40 seconds to 2 minutes.
System looks clean, ESET running and MBAM no a single detection. There are no unknown services / process running, computer performance is cool. No random CPU usage or anything that may be a symptom of infection.
Ty in advance.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
you could try to repair the Winsock

Repair the Windows 8/7/Vista TCP/IP Stack

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
Windows 8 users press [Windows Key] + [X] and select Command Prompt (Admin).
At the command prompt type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press [Enter].
Next type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press [Enter].
Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Reset Winsock in Windows 7 / 8
http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/win...ticles/35087-reset-winsock-windows-7-8-a.html

:)

James

Upvote 0

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
you could try to repair the Winsock

Repair the Windows 8/7/Vista TCP/IP Stack

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
Windows 8 users press [Windows Key] + [X] and select Command Prompt (Admin).
At the command prompt type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press [Enter].
Next type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press [Enter].
Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Reset Winsock in Windows 7 / 8
http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/win...ticles/35087-reset-winsock-windows-7-8-a.html

:)

James

If all else fails that's exactly what I do. Good one!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Ty u all fellas. I can say it wasn't related to windows settings or software related issues. It was just the wire being defective.
I was very impressed with all the helpful suggestions that came pouring in.
Then darko999 revealed it was simply a:eek: defective wire!! Lol!:D
*smiling* It's so great that it was resolved,:) and just goes to show that all news is not necessarily bad newso_O and this news was good!:cool:

You are a good friend to help another, darko.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.