alla bez Security config

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great config overall, however I would like to make some notes.

Remove SpyHunter, it has been found to be malicious.

I recommend you download and test malware in a virtual machine created with VirtualBox to avoid infection on your actual system.

Set UAC to default level, unless you know what you're doing by having it off.

Make sure you have at least one clean, full system backup image created with your preferred system imaging application, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image.

Other than that, you're good to go! Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I assume you are on SP1
Definitely enable UAC
Definitely get rid of SpyHunter make sure you uninstall it completely there are also removal guides online
VM for playing with Malware

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Any reason why you install Spyhunter? Because it can remove threats but you need to purchase a license key which isn't practical where MBAM, Hitman Pro, Zemana AM or Herdprotect provide free removal function.

Add Ccleaner and a backup browser just in case.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.