Alternate sites to avoid Adware from FileHippo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ا

الشمس

Thread author
reading how we are Softpedians which must also mean we are MalwareTipians!

how about malwaretippers? ;)
I haven't downloaded from CNET in 3 years, FileHippo and Softpedia do the job for me

i quit using filehippo because they have started doling out filehippo installers instead of the actual .exe file :mad:

p.s. : the new look seems more tablet / touch friendly to me...i.m.h.o. :)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
how about malwaretippers? ;)

i quit using filehippo because they have started doling out filehippo installers instead of the actual .exe file :mad:

p.s. : the new look seems more tablet / touch friendly to me...i.m.h.o. :)

Click "Direct download" to download files from filehippo without using its installers

FILEHIPPO DOWNLOAD 1.jpg

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Click "Direct download" to download files from filehippo without using its installers

View attachment 22063

You can do the same for CNET and Softonic. But Sofpedia, Snapfiles haven't gone with bundled installers, and Softpedia's collection is massive, well categorized and the reviews are outstanding.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@viktik

not all downloads have the direct download option :

They are rolling it out slowly for all products. And those dev's that have requested FileHippo not to bundle their softwares, those products will not have FileHippo installer option. It works the same way at CNET too.

ا

الشمس

Thread author
why you are not directly downloaded from the official website, I always download on the official website (more secure and a trusted)

very true :) but filehippo is like a warehouse of software & filehippo also provides the md5 checksum for each

download which is not always available on the official website...hence filehippo ;)

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Unless the official site links to CNET, Brothersoft or Softonic :p:D

yes but most can be directly downloaded from the official website :)

very true :) but filehippo is like a warehouse of software & filehippo also provides the md5 checksum for each

download which is not always available on the official website...hence filehippo ;)

yes but I always try to download from the official website and the latest version will certainly available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.