Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone ,

Yesterday I tried Wifi Guard ( if someone was interested here's the link SoftPerfect WiFi Guard : keep your Wi-Fi network secure )
But , at least in my case , it does not work properly ( I already asked for support to developers but they could not find a solution ), because it does not detect all my PC/devices ( it only detects the router and the PC where I installed it).

So i was wondering if someone of you could suggest me another similar program .

I'd really appreciate if you could provide help

Looking forward to hearing from you

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
According to PC: SECURE - Dirk41's simple configuration you are using Windows Defender and an iPhone/iPad owner.

If you willing to switch Antivirus software for AVAST Free Antivirus, they include a feature called Home Network Security (HNS).
Unfortunately, it's not a standalone tool.

Instead you may be interested in 1 of 2 apps for iOS, both can scan the Wi-Fi Networks for weak passwords, router vulnerabilities and insecure networks, which is similar to HNS, but without needing avast Antivirus.

Wi-Fi Finder: Avast Wi-Fi Finder on the App Store
SecureMe: Avast SecureMe on the App Store

Scanning is free.

No purchase necessary, but be aware that these apps may recommend AVAST SecureLine VPN for iOS, which is not free.

Another solution would be to setting up your router, checking for weak spots in your settings.
Step-by-Step Guide for Setting up your Router: SetupRouter - How To Setup a Network Router

Let us know if any of the suggestions helped, or what you decided.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
hi, sorry for the delay.
maybe i had to specify that i was interested in the program wifi guard (that i linked) because it let you now what devices are connected to your wifi and what cannected in the past (obviously since you installed it i think) and t notifies you with pop up or email when unkown dvices connect.
it's only that i was interested to. ( i know you can do it from your router webpage but that program is more user friendly)

According to PC: SECURE - Dirk41's simple configuration you are using Windows Defender and an iPhone/iPad owner.

If you willing to switch Antivirus software for AVAST Free Antivirus, they include a feature called Home Network Security (HNS).
Unfortunately, it's not a standalone tool.

Instead you may be interested in 1 of 2 apps for iOS, both can scan the Wi-Fi Networks for weak passwords, router vulnerabilities and insecure networks, which is similar to HNS, but without needing avast Antivirus.

Wi-Fi Finder: Avast Wi-Fi Finder on the App Store
SecureMe: Avast SecureMe on the App Store

Scanning is free.

No purchase necessary, but be aware that these apps may recommend AVAST SecureLine VPN for iOS, which is not free.

Another solution would be to setting up your router, checking for weak spots in your settings.
Step-by-Step Guide for Setting up your Router: SetupRouter - How To Setup a Network Router

Let us know if any of the suggestions helped, or what you decided.

wow thank you i really appreciate your effort but i think in avast free 2016 is a bit different.i am trying it on a spare pc. when you run smart scan it looks for network threats anyway.

EDIT: no wait I found the specific option network protection and it is good it finds devices connected. Except for my iPhone

i installed avast secureme for ios and it should be very helpful on public wifi. thank you

I use Advanced IP Scanner (FreeWare): Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner

Working fine here even for Wi-Fi devices.

i'll try this too, at least for curiosity. thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink and harlan4096

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Guys, I am not sure if I don't use it properly, but I don't recommend avast secure me vpn ( at least for iPhone )

It does change my ip but in another very close to me LOL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.